Toll Tag - Motorhome 4t & 2.95m high + Aircon Unit (1 Viewer)

Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Hi, We'd like to get a toll tag - for France, Spain, Portugal and Italy (if poss).

The motorhome is uprated from 3.5t to 4t. It's 2.95m high, plus a Dometic Aircon unit at the back. When we use the French, Spanish and Portuguese tolls we are charged at Class 2 rates.

I called Emovis yesterday, and because we're rated at over 3.5t they can't offer us a tag.

Looking at the Fulli (Mango) website, the tag is for Class 2 motorhomes less than 3m high, so I'm guessing that rules is out as we have our Aircon unit which takes us over the 3m.

Are there any recommendations for other tags to try please? 😊

Mar 28, 2019
DERBY
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
If VAT registered company owner / director then Vrio. Monthly rental & management fees of about £4. Really for companies sending HGV’s across Europe but were happy to set us up an account just for the motorhome and the one device covers most E.U. countries. Friendly staff with UK branch.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
You made the mistake of telling them your weight😉 Just order one online I'm sure it will all work ok 👍

The 3m is measured over the majority of the roof and ignores little bits that are over like AC units as you already know as you get charged class 2!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We are just over 3m high and 5t, we are also a tag axle and tow a small car trailer and we use a Fulli / mango tag with no issues in Spain / France and Portugal. Just order one and skip the step of telling them as mentioned earlier. Sometimes you will need to get within touching distance of the barrier but apart from that it will work.
They have been known to have issues with certain UK banks and the direct debit but we used the standard starling account (not a euro or any other variation of the account) and it worked for us, others have not been so lucky though.

OP
OP
March Hare
Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
If VAT registered company owner / director then Vrio. Monthly rental & management fees of about £4. Really for companies sending HGV’s across Europe but were happy to set us up an account just for the motorhome and the one device covers most E.U. countries. Friendly staff with UK branch.
Thanks Peg Star! Unfortunately we're not VAT registered as I'd read that Vrio was very good. Thanks though! :giggle:
You made the mistake of telling them your weight😉 Just order one online I'm sure it will all work ok 👍

The 3m is measured over the majority of the roof and ignores little bits that are over like AC units as you already know as you get charged class 2!
Hi Michael, yes I know - I shouldn't have mentioned that! That's good to know that it's measured over the majority of the roof. Perhaps we'll order it online and give it a try! Thanks for the advice. :giggle:
We are just over 3m high and 5t, we are also a tag axle and tow a small car trailer and we use a Fulli / mango tag with no issues in Spain / France and Portugal. Just order one and skip the step of telling them as mentioned earlier. Sometimes you will need to get within touching distance of the barrier but apart from that it will work.
They have been known to have issues with certain UK banks and the direct debit but we used the standard starling account (not a euro or any other variation of the account) and it worked for us, others have not been so lucky though.
Hi Zac, thanks for your reply and advice. I'd read elsewhere that it depends on the bank account that you have whether you can set up the payment or not - and I have read that some transfers then fail. We've only got an account with one of the UK highstreet banks, so perhaps that counts us out?

Also, ref your comment on sometimes having to get really close to the barrier before the tag is read and the barrier lifts. I'm guessing that that is not using one of the faster toll lanes as presumably you'd be tooted at by those behind you if you had to slow down to allow it to open? Does it make a difference if you put the tag on the sun visor, or on the dash board?

Thanks again! :giggle:

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Hi Zac, thanks for your reply and advice. I'd read elsewhere that it depends on the bank account that you have whether you can set up the payment or not - and I have read that some transfers then fail. We've only got an account with one of the UK highstreet banks, so perhaps that counts us out?

Also, ref your comment on sometimes having to get really close to the barrier before the tag is read and the barrier lifts. I'm guessing that that is not using one of the faster toll lanes as presumably you'd be tooted at by those behind you if you had to slow down to allow it to open? Does it make a difference if you put the tag on the sun visor, or on the dash board?

Thanks again! :giggle:
When there are no fast lanes just lanes with barriers then sometimes you need to get within touching distance but it still then opens up, all other times it's the fast non stop lanes we use.
I have no idea which Bank you are with and if that will work but i know it works with Starling which can be opened with just a phone so nothing stopping you opening one. For me i just wanted to ensure i didn't have to try and pay at each toll as it really is a pita. I had an emovis tag before this one and that rarely worked but this fulli/mango one has always worked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
We are 8 metres and 3.2 high, and have a toad.never had a problem with our tag, on the very rare occasions the barrier does not lift we just very politely say camping car into the speaker and hey presto the barrier lifts.
our tag is with ATMB we pay €3 per month for the months we use the tag

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Hi, We'd like to get a toll tag - for France, Spain, Portugal and Italy (if poss).

The motorhome is uprated from 3.5t to 4t. It's 2.95m high, plus a Dometic Aircon unit at the back. When we use the French, Spanish and Portuguese tolls we are charged at Class 2 rates.

I called Emovis yesterday, and because we're rated at over 3.5t they can't offer us a tag.

Looking at the Fulli (Mango) website, the tag is for Class 2 motorhomes less than 3m high, so I'm guessing that rules is out as we have our Aircon unit which takes us over the 3m.

Are there any recommendations for other tags to try please? 😊

Just order a Fulli tag online and use it!

I originally ordered ours using my wife’s Kia Soul registration as the Moho hadn’t been delivered at that point, then changed the registration in the app. We used it in France, Italy and Spain without issue despite being 3650kg and 2.85m plus aircon. I’ve now uprated to 4200kg but outwardly we are still the same as the 3500kg version (single axles though).

I’ve had zero issues with the tag or the payment throughout by linking to my Revolut Euro account.

Aug 16, 2014
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail GF70
Exp
since 1993
We are 3.1mtrs tall and have a bip&go sensor on the windscreen. Found that we could go through the 'ticket' initial booths but on the 'pay' booths we always had to press the buzzer and state bip&go. Bit of a pain but according to one conversation over the help speaker - it was the height causing the issue :-( and we should have been in a different class.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back