The Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition (1 Viewer)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

Too far away for us but looks like a brilliant show.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Sounds interesting. I was introduced to model engineering in year 7 at Primary School back in 1970. I had a totally eccentric teacher who used to bring in model steam engines he'd made which were powered by methylated spirit. One day he sent me over to the science block (the school was a combined primary/secondary) for some meths. They gave me a full demi-john.

He took it off me, took out the stopper and started to pour it into the little burner tray. Some of the spirit spilled onto the table as he poured. He took his hanky out and wiped up the spillage. He then put the demi-john to his lips and drank some to get the level down a bit! Then he filled the small tray and set it alight. In a few minutes the boiler was starting to produce steam.
His models were fascinating. Everyone loved that teacher. He taught us basic Russian, got us interested in astronomy by telling us that he came from Arcturus! When he took the class swimming, he dried himself with his hankerchief!

By the time I got to 2nd year in Secondary school he was appointed head of mathematics. He had the pupils 100% attention, he was brilliant. He just had something very special. If only all teachers were like him (y)

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
This is always a good show. I'm probably going to give it a miss this year, but have enjoyed previous years and been an exhibitor a couple of times. I usually stay at Harbury Fields, which is just down the road. Good site.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Thanks for the site recommend, it's one I was looking at.

Just noticed no motorhome parking at the show, so need the toad.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
It's a few years since I went to the Midland event, used to do Wembley as a day trip on the train back in the eighties.
It's handy for stocking up on bits and pieces and I always visited Blackgates and Reeve's stalls for my BA nuts and bolts, but dont know if they're even still in business now ?

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
It's a few years since I went to the Midland event, used to do Wembley as a day trip on the train back in the eighties.
It's handy for stocking up on bits and pieces and I always visited Blackgates and Reeve's stalls for my BA nuts and bolts, but dont know if they're even still in business now ?

I'll be there on the 16th, on the Fareham Club coach. With a backpack so I can poke peoples' eyes out everytime I turn around...!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back