the law judges are a farce (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Stuart Hall gets 15 months for molesting 13 underage kids.

Jeremy Forrest gets 5 1/2 years for his involvement with a willing 15 year old, the words abduction and paedophile certainly shouldn`t be used in this case.

How do the courts justify this sentance, the law really is an ASS

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
There is no way that I condone what he did. His actions were contemptible, but had the girl been a few months older, there would have been no offence.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Bizarre,

One runs off with willing participant where in many counties her age would not be illegal and in the country they ran too was seen as a love story.

One forces his dirty hands over unsuspecting young pre pubescent girls.

I'm sorry, I don't get it, the law is truly an ass.

However, as said, he was a teacher in a position if trust, he should of kept himself under control. :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They did originally get it on when she was only 14 though.

Still a bit surprised at the sentence.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Abuse of a position of trust is a serious offence in itself in my opinion and warranted the sentence. We have to deal with this harshly to send a message to other teachers and people in positions of trust with children that it just isn't acceptable. This was as much a message to others as it was punishment for him.

On the other hand the Sentence Hall got was way too low...

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
As per my post yesterday on the same subject, the law has to draw the line somewhere. 15 years and 364 days it is an offence. 16 years and 1 day it is not.

The fact is she was a pupil and he was a teacher and should have known better whatever the pupils age. Secondly he knowingly had sex with a minor and knowingly took her to France to escape when he realised that the game was up. The fact that she led him on is only a mitigating point. The sentence was about what I would have thought** - it was strange that the underage thing was not a part of the original prosecution but that was explained this morning as it was all tied up with the terms of the European arrest warrant (they had insufficient evidence at the time it was issued)

Stuart Hall - yes an unduly lenient sentence but it is being looked at and the judge had to adhere to sentencing guidelines at the time of the offence as I read it.

** That is 2 1/2 years less time already served on remand

Last edited:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Stuart Hall - yes an unduly lenient sentence but it is being looked at and the judge had to adhere to sentencing guidelines at the time of the offence as I read it.

** That is 2 1/2 years less time already served on remand

At least sentencing has moved with the times.

If Stuart Hall had been found guilty at the time he perpetrated the crime, 2.5 years was all he would have got!

Can you imagine how long someone would spend in jail if they molested 13 underage girls today?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Abuse of a position of trust is a serious offence in itself in my opinion and warranted the sentence. We have to deal with this harshly to send a message to other teachers and people in positions of trust with children that it just isn't acceptable. This was as much a message to others as it was punishment for him.

Although i agree with you isn't it about time some strong messages were sent re some other crimes..... Robbery burglary etc....
Thats what gets my back up

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Forrest as a teacher was in loco parentis, so in place of a parent

his breach of his duty of care alone should see him in prison. to then push this into paedophile territory he had unlawful sexual activity with a minor. dress it up any way you like as a love story or a weak man, however the law is no ass in this situation, he is a sex offender FACT.

To make sure that the message gets across to other potential paedophile teachers, the sentence should of been the maximum allowed under law. Whats to say given the opportunity he wont get bored of his current child lover and move on to another under age child when he is released.

I disagree that stuart hall's offences were worse, they amounted to the same sort of sexual perversion and paedophilia. both should be given longer prison terms plus be subject to the sex offenders register for life.

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
He broke the law. He gets what the law system gives him/

However, having posted he should have his gonads removed, fried and force fed back to him. I have changed my view on this.

I have heard a number of stories on the radio and from speaking to other people. It is feasible for these two people to genuinely love each other and for it to go on to something meaningful.

I personally am still cynical in that he exploited her in a way a clever adult could.

Its just i have heard 5 or 6 stories today of people meeting, one being underage the other an adult; they have gone on to live their lives together.

Is it possible in this case?
Only time will tell.

However, he broke the law, nobody is above the law and he must take his punishment. If he had waited till she was 16 this wouldnt even be an issue.

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Just two days ago, an 18 year old and a 15 year committed suicide on the railway! This was obviously because of the age/possible jail situation! Is this what we want as caring people?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Just two days ago, an 18 year old and a 15 year committed suicide on the railway! This was obviously because of the age/possible jail situation! Is this what we want as caring people?

what makes you so certain it was the 3 year age difference that pushed these unfortunate kids to believe suicide was their only option?

years ago it was rare to hear of children killing themselves and people gave a damn what happened. what was the old saying..... it takes a whole village to raise a child.

personally I still care and see the loss of a youngster in those circumstances to be a very sad failure by their community and family. A friend of my daughter hung himself because he couldn't find a job leaving his friends and family wishing they had done more. He will always be remembered though as it hurt more people than he thought ever cared about him.

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
what makes you so certain it was the 3 year age difference that pushed these unfortunate kids to believe suicide was their only option?

years ago it was rare to hear of children killing themselves and people gave a damn what happened. what was the old saying..... it takes a whole village to raise a child.

personally I still care and see the loss of a youngster in those circumstances to be a very sad failure by their community and family. A friend of my daughter hung himself because he couldn't find a job leaving his friends and family wishing they had done more. He will always be remembered though as it hurt more people than he thought ever cared about him.

Wasn't the 3 year age difference, it was the 3 years in jail!

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
My concerns are the way Abduction and Pedophile are being attached to Mr Forrest and may also be used against other people in similar circumstances.

These are strong words, I believe a Pedophile is someone who preys on Pre-pubescent children and Abduction is when you take someone against their will.
Neither of these apply to Megan Stammers, I am not condoning what Jeremy Forrest did he`s a grade “A” idiot all they had to do was wait until Megan was of age.
How would it be if Megan and Jeremy got together after he was released and set up a happy home together, marrying and having children, they wouldn`t be the first teacher and pupil to do this, the ridiculous thing is he would still be on the sex offenders register.

My worry is that Jeremy Forrest is being used as a scape goat in the shocking wake of Saville and Hall.
I still wonder why it took so long for these women to come forward, 30yrs and 40yrs seems a long time to keep a secret.
Saville has a report 1300 claims of abuse against him, Hall 13, god knows about the other celebrities.
[FONT=&quot]One thing is for certain it was only a matter of time before the ugly word of Compensation reared itself, the legal community will be rubbing it`s hands, hopefully any claims will be paid out in the amounts relevant at the time of the incident and that this doesn`t turn into a free for all like the P I P claims circus.[/FONT]

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985

Surely everyone who has regular contact with young people is in a position of trust. I do not think the law singles out any one category of employment in relation to sexual offences.
This young woman was only a child in the eyes of a fairly old piece of legislation. I have to say when I left school at 15yrs old and started work I was more than a little naive regarding relationships with girls and most of the girls were to.
The world has moved on since then and youngsters are not naive any more, they have lessons on sex and contraception, they can obtain advice on contraception, even 'the pill' and morning after treatment. If in any doubt about what and how to do it they can watch it on the internet, so try telling a worldly wise 15yr old she is still a child in the eyes of the law and wait for the predictable reply.
We can look round friends and family to girls under 16yrs old who have had children and neither social services or the police/crown prosecution service have thought it appropriate to bring the father concerned to court.
You can certainly see how naive Jeremy Forrest was because he was only charged with child abduction (look at the CCTV of them Hand in Hand) to see how much coercion was going on there. In the latter stages of the trial to everyone's surprise he admits to four counts of sexual relationships with this girl, having not even been charged with them. That added another 4 years to his sentence.

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
He broke the law. He gets what the law system gives him/

However, having posted he should have his gonads removed, fried and force fed back to him. I have changed my view on this.

I have heard a number of stories on the radio and from speaking to other people. It is feasible for these two people to genuinely love each other and for it to go on to something meaningful.

I personally am still cynical in that he exploited her in a way a clever adult could.

Its just i have heard 5 or 6 stories today of people meeting, one being underage the other an adult; they have gone on to live their lives together.

Is it possible in this case?
Only time will tell.

However, he broke the law, nobody is above the law and he must take his punishment. If he had waited till she was 16 this wouldnt even be an issue.

A good point you raise "He broke the law". In my eyes it only works if you treat everyone you detect committing the same crime equally or at the very least bring them before a court. In regard to under aged sex that does not happen.

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
And still the Bankers get away scot free for unbelievable damage to us all, but that's another story.
Steve

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Forrest as a teacher was in loco parentis, so in place of a parent

his breach of his duty of care alone should see him in prison. to then push this into paedophile territory he had unlawful sexual activity with a minor. dress it up any way you like as a love story or a weak man, however the law is no ass in this situation, he is a sex offender FACT.

To make sure that the message gets across to other potential paedophile teachers, the sentence should of been the maximum allowed under law. Whats to say given the opportunity he wont get bored of his current child lover and move on to another under age child when he is released.

I disagree that stuart hall's offences were worse, they amounted to the same sort of sexual perversion and paedophilia. both should be given longer prison terms plus be subject to the sex offenders register for life.

The tabloid press is labelling Forrest as a Paedophile. I don’t believe this is correct. My understanding is that paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in adults with a sexual interest in, or sexual desire for, pre-pubescent children. By definition Forrest is not a paedophile, as the girl was not pre-pubescent. She was undoubtedly under age. And he certainly committed a serious offence and breach of trust, for which he should be punished; but categorising him as a paedophile is erroneous and clouds our judgement.

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
What planet are some of you living on. One in Four Girls under 16yrs old engaging in sex with consent has been a fact of life for a good many years. 13 years ago the Independent report 1 in 4. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/one-in-four-girls-has-underage-sex-says-report-715505.html Same ratio in 2011 http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/dec/15/quarter-uk-women-underage-sex BBC in 2004 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3773659.stm It has become a fact of life that no government has had the courage to tackle. Maybe they have no idea what to do about it!! Cosy little circles of social workers, designated Police officers and whoever else they can gather together consider the case and make recommendations regarding action. Dose that help? Did not seem to make much difference in this case! Of course in the eyes of the law the girl is blameless, the exchanges of text,facebook and twitter or whatever merely prove he was 'grooming her' a term used in relation to perverts. Of course this 15 going on 25yr old was completely without blame, the law says so. But what does society really think when it turns it's back on these 'goings on' for so many years. I say society sees it for what it is. I see in the paper today the young woman in question want's to marry him, how sweet is that?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back