The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo

Just finished reading the three books that make the Dragon tattoo triology [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1849162883/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1847245455&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1CT4JGAEHJAWAPGBNNH4"]Millenium Triology[/ame] absolutely superb. Best read for ages, I highly recommend you buy them for those longer winter nights, I don't think you'll be disappointed. :thumb:

Translated from Swedish, sadly the author handed in the 3 books together to a publisher and then died very shortly afterwards, he never lived to see them in print or see what a world wide phenomenon they have become.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Thanks Jim! The link isn't working though!

When you click it you get:-

Looking for something?
We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site.

Go to Amazon.co.uk's Home Page

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I will try and sort the link out. I bought them 3 for 2 at tescos:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Brilliant Jim. And some of the supermarkets have these on offer at the moment.:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
On Mobipocket for e-reading, silly price I think.

Link Removed

But convenient for The Spanish Job.

Amazon:

Link Removed

So mobipocket for this one is not too bad.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry Jim, My above post crossed with yours .. I wasn't being fascetious.:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
E edition £5.49 at Waterstones

Brilliant, thanks Jim.

I've an 8" XP netbook, a bit less convenient than an ebook, but not a lot in a MH environment.

Never seen Digital Editions before. I'll get experimenting.

PS: That's a good £12 saved on one post and by not having to buy an ebook reader another £200(ish).

Ebay has a load of the Toshiba NB100s for less than an ebook but with all the advantages of a proper XP computer.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
E edition £5.49 at Waterstones

Success.

Downloaded reader to this PC. Bit of farting about registering with Adobe.

Buy book from Waterstones. Download immediately. Read.

Next hurdle. Download reader to netbook. Easy second time because Adobe knows me. Read transfer instructions. Transfer book file to netbook and add to library.

Very reasonable usage limitations, can download to 6 computers. So a whole family can share books on their own PCs.

Well pleased.

Here is a system that seems perfect for paperless magazines, so no excuse for magazines to close down due to paper costs.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Success.

Downloaded reader to this PC. Bit of farting about registering with Adobe.

Buy book from Waterstones. Download immediately. Read.

Next hurdle. Download reader to netbook. Easy second time because Adobe knows me. Read transfer instructions. Transfer book file to netbook and add to library.

Very reasonable usage limitations, can download to 6 computers. So a whole family can share books on their own PCs.

Well pleased.

Here is a system that seems perfect for paperless magazines, so no excuse for magazines to close down due to paper costs.

I found it because it comes as standard with the Sony readers. The prices of the books were horrendous, in some cases the ebook was as expensive as the hardback. :whatthe: But since amazon Launched the kindle in the UK the price of ebooks has been dropping dramatically.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
E reader

I've tried e reading on the small Sony lappy.. just don't do it for me .. so I can't ever imagine buying a dedicated reader.

I much prefer paper, read in the bath, beach, bed, bus etc ..

I make notes, dog ear the pages .. write on the inside cover where and when bought or who from .. can even throw it at the dog :roflmto:

I'll stick with paperbacks thanks :thumb:

thanks for the recommendation on the book Jim .. will look for it at the charity shops:roflmto:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Download it from your Public Library. Its free. Then you can screen read or print and read.

Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've tried e reading on the small Sony lappy.. just don't do it for me .. so I can't ever imagine buying a dedicated reader.

I much prefer paper, read in the bath, beach, bed, bus etc ..

I make notes, dog ear the pages .. write on the inside cover where and when bought or who from .. can even throw it at the dog :roflmto:

I'll stick with paperbacks thanks :thumb:

Yes I love a paperback too for all of those reasons, but I also enjoy my Sony Reader, and I can dog ear pages too, make notes on it and have a search function for them:Smile:I keep lots of stuff I need to read for work on it too, as well as about 500 books that I can dip into as the mood takes me. I need to spend 3 nights in a hotel this week, The Sony is great for that, takes up no space in a brief case and is great for travelling esp in a motorhome. I can only read short documents on a reflective laptop, but the sony and kindle screens are superb and resemble perfect print on crisp white paper, no reflections even in bright sun.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.

Just finished reading the three books that make the Dragon tattoo triology Millenium Triology absolutely superb. Best read for ages, I highly recommend you buy them for those longer winter nights, I don't think you'll be disappointed. :thumb:

Translated from Swedish, sadly the author handed in the 3 books together to a publisher and then died very shortly afterwards, he never lived to see them in print or see what a world wide phenomenon they have become.

Jim you are spot on the books are more than excellent we read them when they first came out, sadly to say don`t bother with the film, we bought the DVD and they ruin the story line completely.

As you enjoyed Stieg Larsson`s trilogy, we would recommend "The Snowman" written by "Jo Nesbo" another Swedish writer and another excellent plot.

Last edited:

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
I have them as audiobooks.

Listened to the first and saving the others for when we are in France later this month. Makes the drive much more pleasant.

acdcdave

Deceased RIP
Oct 23, 2008
Funster No
Those Scandinavians!!!

Jim

Couldn't agree more, it's an amazing Dickensian Feminist Masterpiece! I was totally knocked out by it. I thought Henning Mankell and Jo Nesbo were impressive but the Millenium Trilogy is awesome. Scandinavia is producing some great thrillers whilst the US is producing garbage like Swimsuit by Patterson and his assistants or is it 'software'? Thank God for Connelly, Child and Lescroart.

What would it be like on a Kindle I wonder?

Cheers, Dave.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Started my Kindle off with the Millenium Trilogy on Jim's reccommendation. Absolutely superb a really great read. Thanks Jim. :thumb:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

Just finished reading the three books that make the Dragon tattoo triology absolutely superb. Best read for ages, I highly recommend you buy them for those longer winter nights, I don't think you'll be disappointed. :thumb:

They were my 1st Kindle reads-wonderfull Mike

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Barbara made an Amazon download of the trilogy to add to her ever growing library on the Kindle. Such a slick system :Smile::thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I bought the dvd last week (already read the trilogy and loved em) as wanted to see how they handled the translation to film.

when I switched on I had a choice between sub-titles or dubbed ... so I thought oh no here we go... I chose dubbed but the film was so good, even after having read the books, that within five minutes I didn't notice the dubbing. The casting I thought was superb and the characters were exactly as I had in my mind's eye when reading the books. :thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Just watched the film, brillant suspense and a little edgey.

Will buy the other two books to complete the triology.
It is a shame that he died before getting recognition.

Pat

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes, that's the first:thumb:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.

Just finished reading the three books that make the Dragon tattoo triology Millenium Triology absolutely superb. Best read for ages, I highly recommend you buy them for those longer winter nights, I don't think you'll be disappointed. :thumb:

Agree wholeheartedly. Terrific read. I've just started book 3. My son' recently started book 2. My friend up the road read them all one after the other.

Wivvy's Dad - Which films are good? The Swedish versions of the US ones? Though I suspect that's a silly question seeing the mess they (Hollywould) made of Captain Corelli - not that I watched the movie; the reviews and choice for Cap. C put me right off, which is a shame coz I loved the book.

John

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Haven't watched it yet but Nordic Noir on Beeb 4 last night tells of the recent success of Swedish crime fiction, principally Stieg Larsson and Jo Nesbo. It will be repeated on 24th December at 00.50.

I see the new Swedish tv series has a different Wallander and are the original versions of the Kenneth Branagh offerings.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Wivvy's Dad - Which films are good? The Swedish versions of the US ones? Though I suspect that's a silly question seeing the mess they (Hollywould) made of Captain Corelli
John

I think you know the answer..............
I found the subtitled Swedish films very faithful to the books, and very enjoyable, although due to constricts of time, the storylines are somewhat truncated. I wasn't aware that they had been remade and I hope they never are. The Swedish films may have been dubbed into English, which personally I would find to be an abomination.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back