Jun 25, 2017
Canterbury
Funster No
MH
Benimar 294
Exp
Since 2009
Hi
We are off to France a couple of times this year and would like to be able to drive through any tolls we encounter.
The lorry tickets are too high and the car ones too low!
We are over 3.5 ton (4.4) and under 3m so emovis doesn’t seem to cater for over 3.5t.
We also would like flexibility in adding more countries Spain, Italy etc.
Has anyone found a tag company that fits our needs.
Many thanks

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Fulli. Just subscribe with them using your vehicle registration number and if you are under 3m you’ll pay Class 2 fees - we are 4250kg and it works perfectly. As usual they have offers on for all their packages sometimes including free delivery - this is for the full house France, Spain, Portugal and Italy tag but you’ll find the France only or other combinations if you scroll around the website.

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
We changed to Fulli for last year's trip and found it great, particularly like the app that shows recent spend reasonably quickly.

Cheers
Red.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We got a Fulli tag for this year as we knew we would be using tolls to get through France quickly last month and we're also visiting Spain and Portugal. So far it has worked perfectly and is so much easier than trying to pay at the toll booths.

We set it up as a direct debit on our UK bank account with no problems so far.

I also like the app, as RedFrame says, it is easy to track your spend pretty quickly and see your invoice each month.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi
We are off to France a couple of times this year and would like to be able to drive through any tolls we encounter.
We are over 3.5 ton (4.4) and under 3m so emovis doesn’t seem to cater for over 3.5t.
Many thanks
Put it this way. I have never seen a weighbridge at a toll station. All they have is a height gauge. And Emovis tag for France is not linked to a specific vehicle.

Jul 31, 2022
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Hi we have had a fulli tag for the last 3 years and used it in France and Spain, it’s great & wouldn’t be without it now

May 30, 2017
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 694
Exp
Motorhoming since 2017
For those of you using Fulli, did you manage to successfully set up the direct debit they need for payment?

I set up an account with Fulli, set up my bank details (IBAN etc) in the account, received the device, but the €1 initial 'test payment' failed as the direct debit was refused. After a message to Fulli it appears that setting up an internationl/SEPA direct debit is a requirement to keep the account 'compliant'. After talking to my bank though, it appears my First Direct account doesn't support international direct debits.

I did manage to pay the €1 invoice successfully using my bank card by logging into the Fulli website. No idea if this means my tag is now re-enabled, as when the initial payment failed Fulli said the tag would be disabled. It doesn't seem like paying the invoice manually by card is accepted by Fulli, at least not if you want uninterrupted tag functionality. Nor do you appear to be able to give them the card details to allow them to charge to it automatically.

Beginning to feel that pulling up at the toll booth and waving my contactless card at the machine is easier after all, especially for how infrequently I/my wife actually have to do it. It'd be a shame though.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
For those of you using Fulli, did you manage to successfully set up the direct debit they need for payment?

I set up an account with Fulli, set up my bank details (IBAN etc) in the account, received the device, but the €1 initial 'test payment' failed as the direct debit was refused. After a message to Fulli it appears that setting up an internationl/SEPA direct debit is a requirement to keep the account 'compliant'. After talking to my bank though, it appears my First Direct account doesn't support international direct debits.

Didn't even try to set up payment via a UK account.... apart from the difficulties of setting up international payments, the fx charges from most UK banks would make it rather expensive.

We use Wise for all international bank payments...much cheaper exchange. And Fulli billing works perfectly, you just need to make sure you have enough funds in the account before they request payment.

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Hi
Many thanks

For France we have a ATMB tag. You can't set it up with a UK direct debit but you can set it to use a UK credit card. Ours is linked to our Nationwide credit card with no foreign transaction fees. It's cheaper than the Emovis version, emails come in French but easily sorted via. Google translate if your french is not up to speed.

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010

I did manage to pay the €1 invoice successfully using my bank card by logging into the Fulli website. No idea if this means my tag is now re-enabled, as when the initial payment failed Fulli said the tag would be disabled. It doesn't seem like paying the invoice manually by card is accepted by Fulli, at least not if you want uninterrupted tag functionality. Nor do you appear to be able to give them the card details to allow them to charge to it automatically.

Beginning to feel that pulling up at the toll booth and waving my contactless card at the machine is easier after all, especially for how infrequently I/my wife actually have to do it. It'd be a shame though.
We were a bit worried about the direct debit working with our UK current account (Natwest Bank) but the initial €1 test payment went through fine, Fulli then credited us the €1 the following month. We used the Fulli tag for the first time last month and the direct debit went out of the bank account last week with no problems.

I know some other Funsters have set up payment by direct debit on their UK bank account with no problems too.

We generally don't use toll roads but got the tag as we wanted to get through France quickly last month. It was so much easier to drive through the toll booths with the tag.

Mar 10, 2022
South wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic
Hi
I have a van that’s 2950 tall . Sometimes we have to press the button because the toll says class 3 , when we press it and speak to the person they change it to class 2 . So just thinking if I had a tag would it register as 2 or 3 and if 3 how would I challenge it ?

May 30, 2017
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 694
Exp
Motorhoming since 2017
Didn't even try to set up payment via a UK account.... apart from the difficulties of setting up international payments, the fx charges from most UK banks would make it rather expensive.

We use Wise for all international bank payments...much cheaper exchange. And Fulli billing works perfectly, you just need to make sure you have enough funds in the account before they request payment.
The First Direct account has no foreign currency transaction charges, at least on the debit card, no idea if that is the same for direct debit. The €1 card transaction cost me £0.86, no other charges.
For France we have a ATMB tag. You can't set it up with a UK direct debit but you can set it to use a UK credit card. Ours is linked to our Nationwide credit card with no foreign transaction fees. It's cheaper than the Emovis version, emails come in French but easily sorted via. Google translate if your french is not up to speed.
That might be a possibility then, and kind of surprising that Fulli don't appear to offer a similar card payment option. Well they do, you can pay an outstanding invoice by card, but only after they have unsuccessfully tried to take a direct debit payment.

Thought others must have managed it with UK banks, but I'm not really wanting to set up a different account just so I can pay Fulli. I'll get back in touch with them and see if I can confirm that manually paying by card when the invoice is issued is an option, and without it potentially immediately disabling the tag.

SEV

Mar 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knauss Boxstar 6m
Exp
Newish owner, but been hiring vans for a few years
Hi
Many thanks

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Used Emovis for many many years now. Last 3 Euro trips in our 3850ks Bailey. No problem.
Bit scary when some of the barriers don't lift until you are almost touching it.
As for monthly charges i wouldn't know as i don't check. Happy for the convenience.
Used to have the Spain one until they abolished MOST of the pay roads, gave it back to the bank.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp

I opened a Revolut account specifically to link the Fulli tag payments to it after encountering problems with trying to get a U.K. bank account to work with it. Had zero problems since then, plus I’m glad I did as it’s very useful for other euro purchases and seamless transfers from £ to €.

Cozz nd Keith our Adria is a tad higher than your van with the AC and other bolt ons and we are charged as Class 2 on the Fulli account (it isn’t valid for the higher toll classes anyway, although we are now up plated to 4250kg but outwardly the same as a 3500kg version ;) ).

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012

We have Fulli but ours is set up to be paid by our Revolut card. Works very well. Revolut is handy abroad anyway for all sorts of things as well.

We used to have ATMB and Emovis but Fulli is great as it covers Italy all in one tag.

Not many English bank accounts allow the DD on the IBAN it seems.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Emovis is based in Harrogate...................at least mine is and has been for years.
My acct is through my Nat West account. If i set it up it must have been bloody easy.

Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
Very interested in these options, do you get any discount on toll paying via the Tag?

Cheers

Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
Used Emovis for many many years now. Last 3 Euro trips in our 3850ks Bailey. No problem.
Bit scary when some of the barriers don't lift until you are almost touching it.
As for monthly charges i wouldn't know as i don't check. Happy for the convenience.

There's a yearly charge, not a monthly one.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Very interested in these options, do you get any discount on toll paying via the Tag?

Cheers

No, but it’s the convenience of simply driving up to the tag only barrier and having it open without faffing around with tickets/cards/payment/queues at the ‘normal’ ones - even better at the 30kph non-barrier drive through lanes. Several times I’ve caught up with and overtaken a car that’s blatted past me some kilometres previously simply because of the above. Plus you are invoiced for the tolls in one payment a month or more after travel.

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.

Cheers

The charges vary, each tag version has different costs depending on the subscription you opt. for. The cost per actual mile is the same I believe.

The biggest advantage however is the convenience.

May 30, 2017
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 694
Exp
Motorhoming since 2017
The Revolut option might be worth a go, thanks, I'll look into it.
Just to update that I did open a Revolut account, stuck £20 in it, converted to Euros and updated the Fulli account with the new Iban etc. Today Fulli appear to have successfully processed the payment (still pending, but showing up) for the invoice which is just for the €9 cost of sending me the tag.

Now on to the next step, actually using the tag when we go to France next month. Although I better actually fit it to the motorhome first. 🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back