Swift 590RS Lights and Wipers not working. (1 Viewer)

DarrenGuest

Free Member
Mar 10, 2013
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Swift Coachbuilt
Exp
I own a 2008 Swift 590RS which is based on the Fiat Ducato Chassis. I have a problem with the lights and wipers which I think may be related. For a while I have had a problem where the wipers have intermittently stopped working. This has got worse and worse and they are now not working at all. I also have a problem with the dipped beam lights where they turn themselves off. The side lights work fine but as soon as I switch on the dipped beam they only stay on for a few seconds. You can hear the relay under the dash click as they switch off.

After doing some investigation I have discovered the following :

1)With the engine off the dipped beam lights seem to stay on with no problem.
2)With the engine running they switch off after a few seconds.
3)If I switch on the hazards I can hear a relay behind the drivers seat clicking on and off continuously. When this happens all the lights flicker slightly. After investigating the fuse panel behind the seat it is the main fuse box for motorhome.

I have run out of ideas now and was wondering if anybody else had experienced a similar problem or could recommend someone to investigate if for me in the Surrey area?

Many thanks

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Hi, I'm surprised no one has come up with suggestions by now.
All I can suggest is check ALL the fuses. Also funny things can occur if there ia a bad earth (negative).
This reply will help you go to top and someone with a better idea may see it.

Good luck

Peter

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i'll go with Duane....poor common earth somewhere........battery to chassis most likely.
remove earth strap and clean contact surfaces then smear with petroleum jelly and refit.

side lights, no problem as little current draw....dip headlights or wipers draw more current so poor earth cant cope with extra load and fails

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
With it being the wipers that is where the water tends to drain from the scuttle check any plugs around the scuttle for water damage/corrosion

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back