LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks Terry:thumb:, I dunno how you have the time to post on here:winky:::bigsmile:

On tablet web browsing so I simply leave MHF open and the newly listed vans on ebay -then simply refresh every 20 mins or so -hence sometimes edit,etc
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
::bigsmile:
terry
EDIT they must all be asleep at ebay today 13 items listed and 12 still available :winky:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Fed Up

Terry

Please be a little slower telling Ebay of the scams, they are getting them off the site before I can try and buy them.

So I miss half the fun. Owner of my beloved Hymer has stopped talking to me as well:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
This one doesn't even know the difference between a VW and a Talbot..

Link Removed

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry

Please be a little slower telling Ebay of the scams, they are getting them off the site before I can try and buy them.

So I miss half the fun. Owner of my beloved Hymer has stopped talking to me as well:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

::bigsmile: I don't know how to report them so I put up here and the other funsters report :thumb::winky:
terry
Link Removed

Just found how to report but it's a pain with tablet,almost as bad as copy and paste so will leave to others

Last edited:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I've just sent Ebay an email asking what they are doing to stop the scammers and why we have to do their job for them. I know I will get some automated nonsense of a reply but it made me feel better for a minute.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Here is the reply I've just received from Ebay..

Hello Paul,

Thank you for getting in touch. I understand that you're anxious to catch whoever is responsible for the unauthorised activity on an account and I'd like to explain why eBay can't take any further action on your behalf.

Please remember that, although we're commonly referred to as an online auction website, we're not a traditional auctioneer.
Our site is a venue where anyone can offer, sell and buy just about anything, at anytime, from anywhere, in a variety of formats. We also have a User Agreement and a set of policies that outline what we expect from our members. Our Feedback system allows members to flag other members who don't live up to expectations.
I assure you that we do investigate every report of unauthorised activity and take appropriate action to ensure that eBay remains a safe and reputable place to buy and sell.
We work very closely with internet service providers to shut down fake eBay sites, and with police and other law enforcement agencies worldwide to identify those responsible for sending spoof.
However, using an account without permission is an act of identity theft against the member, and eBay cannot file a crime report on their behalf.
Should you want to take this matter further, you can contact your local police. eBay will gladly help the police with their investigations if needed. Please ask the investigating officer to email us by using the "report information to eBay" link on the following page:
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre/law_enforcement.html

In addition to having a lot of information available on our website about using eBay safely, we work closely with other companies to raise awareness of online security. For example, eBay has joined the Government, banks and other household names in an initiative called "Get Safe Online" to offer information and tips on protecting yourself online. To visit the Get Safe Online website, please copy the following link into a new browser window:
http://www.getsafeonline.org/

I sympathise with your predicament and I trust this information clarifies our position for you.

Kind regards,
Nikola Baker
eBay Trust & Safety

so basically it's down to us to keep reporting scammers, as I suspected.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Well, ebay makes it quite clear: deal through ebay following ebay rules and you'll be protected... be tempted to deal outside and risk the consequences.
Most of us lot on here are aware that for example a 1997 Hymer is not going to be genuinely up for sale at say £5k, but I have come close myself in the past to being tempted, as I mentioned in a previous post, despite being very cautious, very aware and very sceptical. It's easy to try to justify these ads to oneself if one wants something badly enough. 'Maybe they need to sell quick', 'perhaps they're getting a divorce', 'probably got business problems' ... Yes, it should be obvious, should one get to the point of actually contacting the scammers, that it's dodgy (viewing not an option etc.etc.). As mentioned before I wrote a report about this scam some years ago and have been contacted quite a few times by people who have been scammed and THEN read my warnings. One of the saddest to contact me was the son of a widowed mother - she'd lost a few thousand to one of these scammers - he was asking me if I could tell him what action I'd taken to recoup the money. When I explained there was no action to take and the £££ were well gone (and that I had not been conned myself) he was obviously totally gutted that 'there were such *****oles about....' - sweet innocence rather than 'greed'.
Another problem is that even when these ads are removed, someone has probably spotted and acted on one and will continue with the 'purchase' via the email ad. If only one in twenty of these ads works it's a nice little earner.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Never mind 1 in 20 being a nice little earner :Smile: 1 in 100 is.:Eeek:I am only looking at M/Hs and spotting probably 15 a day,:Eeek: never mind the caravan and car one's :Eeek: plus probably a lot more we are not aware of:winky:
Terry

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Agreed - one in a 1000 would still be a good return... :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.