Bepto
Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
More over to Finistrat than Beni but looks a reasonable walk to the old town beach area. It doesn't look too shady so you should get full sun on your solars to keep your battery topped up..
Cheap food in beni will save you cooking and washing up and lower your leccy bills :rofl:
I cant do walks unfortunately with my heart condition but thinking of getting an ebike to get around when the mobility scooter isnt a good option (which is most of the time). With that in mind what stores have decent models in stock in Spain, ones that are for the larger person that is? Im currently near a few big stores.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I cant do walks unfortunately with my heart condition but thinking of getting an ebike to get around when the mobility scooter isnt a good option (which is most of the time). With that in mind what stores have decent models in stock in Spain, ones that are for the larger person that is? Im currently near a few big stores.
When my mother was struggling and did not want to admit to.people she was not as well as she pretended and walking distances was getting difficult
We got her an ebike. She loved it and it gave her great pleasure.
Check that you can store it easily as some are very heavy
I think its a great idea

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Do you have a rack for storage ? A folding bike may suit your van. Decathalon usually have a good range if these one nearby

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Im all electric and use the airfryer. & microwave alot for cooking & havent been plugged in at all since leaving the UK on the 27th March so currently sitting on hookup in a 16 euro per night site in Benidorm & back to full capacity (560ah) + I got my laundry done which was a bonus.
At risk of stating the obvious - if you are all electric, do you carry a small emergency gas stove (camping style), just in case?

OP
OP
Bepto
Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
Do you have a rack for storage ? A folding bike may suit your van. Decathalon usually have a good range if these one nearby
No but got lots of room in the garage for a folding bike. Theres a Decathlon nearby as well as a Mediamarkt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bepto
Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
At risk of stating the obvious - if you are all electric, do you carry a small emergency gas stove (camping style), just in case?
I ordered one from Amazon & it was supposed to be delivered the day before I left home - it didnt unfortunately so am on the lookout for one. They do one in Decathlon so might pick one up.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I ordered one from Amazon & it was supposed to be delivered the day before I left home - it didnt unfortunately so am on the lookout for one. They do one in Decathlon so might pick one up.

I believe they do a stove like this in decathlon…?

IMG_0171.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Yes thats the one, trouble is its about a tenner more than the one I ordered from Amazon & that came with 4x Gas cannisters too (cheapskate hat on)
I agree you are a cheapskate. But it's a lot cheaper than having to book sites for leccy. :wink:

Have I missed that your van is fullly electric with no gas. I'd be useless I'd run the battery every other day .

And that's without an airfryer or microwave. :giggler:

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I have to agree about you hiring a mobility scooter while you are there. You can try a few different ones and then can make a choice which one is best for you to buy and then maybe part exchange yours(y)

OP
OP
Bepto
Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
I agree you are a cheapskate. But it's a lot cheaper than having to book sites for leccy. :wink:

Have I missed that your van is fullly electric with no gas. I'd be useless I'd run the battery every other day .

And that's without an airfryer or microwave. :giggler:
My battery was at 16% when I checked onto this site, its the 1st time I've plugged in since leaving home on the 27th March so nearly 4 weeks without needing to top up isnt too bad to say I use all the hungry appliances every day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
With that in mind what stores have decent models in stock in Spain, ones that are for the larger person that is? Im currently near a few big stores.

No but got lots of room in the garage for a folding bike. Theres a Decathlon nearby as well as a Mediamarkt.
as said ,either of these & possibly a Carrefour might have some?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back