Struggling in Spain (1 Viewer)

Mar 2, 2019
Vale of Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
Carado T447
Exp
I am a newbie ex caravaner for 40years
We set off nearly two weeks ago from the euro tunnel taking the western route and we are now in Villajoyosa but we are struggling to get any further down the coast as every camp site or paying Aire is fully booked until the end of February .
we are using the usual Campercontact , ACSI and Search for sites .
If I’d have know this would be the situation I would have pre booked months ago although that in itself spoils the concept of travelling in a motorhome?
Any ideas?

Solution2
Everyone and his/her mother want to be coastal in Spain at this time of year. We're travelling inland at the moment and its very quiet, during the week, at least. We're on camperstop near Valdepeñas and we have one German neighbour.

Last night we were in Úbeda and there were about 7 motorhomes there, but that's a touristic town.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
You could do that quite easily at a site such as Imperium as there is no chance that your pitch would be taken, most people who go off always have something on the pitch such as a awning mat or even bikes. We have not moved the van off our pitch yet as there is plenty to do without doing so. Quite a few different ways to go walking or a 10 minute walk to the tram which will take you to Benidorm,Calpe,Denia or Alicante.
I can add first hand, the comments above.

We ran out of gas at Imperium and tried to leave.
Understand that they had in their possession over 200euros from Pre pandemic.

We were given the third degree as we hadn't 'settled up' before leaving.

When got back, we were given another grilling because, and I quote, "There are four people in your vehicle and you have only registered two people on your pitch." As gently as I could muster (through gritted teeth) I informed the interrogator that the other couple in the van were incumbents from 5 pitches down.

Upvote 0

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
I can add first hand, the comments above.

We ran out of gas at Imperium and tried to leave.
Understand that they had in their possession over 200euros from Pre pandemic.

We were given the third degree as we hadn't 'settled up' before leaving.

When got back, we were given another grilling because, and I quote, "There are four people in your vehicle and you have only registered two people on your pitch." As gently as I could muster (through gritted teeth) I informed the interrogator that the other couple in the van were incumbents from 5 pitches down.
Not what you want to hear , but look at it from the Spanish site owners point of view.
Plenty that will book for 2 peybut they are really 4 , then the long term visitors that accidentally forget to inform the site they have family members staying .
You honestly wouldn’t believe how many people think they can lie to businesses.

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Not what you want to hear , but look at it from the Spanish site owners point of view.
Plenty that will book for 2 peybut they are really 4 , then the long term visitors that accidentally forget to inform the site they have family members staying .
You honestly wouldn’t believe how many people think they can lie to businesses.
You did read the part that said they had 200Euros of mine in the till when this happened, didn't you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
You did read the part that said they had 200Euros of mine in the till when this happened, didn't you?
200 euros to most businesses doesn’t even register in the grand scheme of things.
I don’t think customers actually understand the reality of running a business.
Every single minute the business is dealing with your problem is costing someone, when I was 19 and starting out in business my main focus was on looking after the customers and I trusted them implicitly.
Long gone are those naive thoughts unfortunately, it’s now trust nobody and question everything at least twice if not 3 times .

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
200 euros to most businesses doesn’t even register in the grand scheme of things.
I don’t think customers actually understand the reality of running a business.
Every single minute the business is dealing with your problem is costing someone, when I was 19 and starting out in business my main focus was on looking after the customers and I trusted them implicitly.
Long gone are those naive thoughts unfortunately, it’s now trust nobody and question everything at least twice if not 3 times .
At Imperium they know Every Reg. No. and they know me.
I'm not being naive.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back