Starlink ordered… I feel it’s the only sensible option now.. (1 Viewer)

May 14, 2019
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2019
So, I have bought an Ethernet gizmo to go through the wall of the motorhome so can connect an Ethernet cable to outside and also to inside of motorhome.
Not confident enough to chop my Starlink cable to put Ethernet plugs on each end.
Two options - someone who knows how to chop the cable and is near York to volunteer in return for suitable refreshment reimbursement eg wine etc OR is there a simple adaptor I can buy (one for outside and one for inside) to plug Starlink cable and convert to Ethernet plug???
Pick a time when you don't need the Starlink and give it a go. As mentioned above you can make a few mistakes and you will still only lose a small bit of cable. The only thing you have to really worry about is making sure that the pinouts are the same for each of the cut ends. With pass-through connectors you can easily check. I am not near you otherwise I would be happy to do it. This Video shows it being done. It is not the best for close-ups but should give an idea of how easy it is. Please ask if there is anything you are not sure about.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back