Sprinter dashboard illumination (1 Viewer)

Hi Mer

Free Member
Jul 24, 2023
Cardigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B580
Exp
Since 2016
Hi all, new member. When I open the habitation door on my Hymer on a sprinter chassis the dashboard lights up and takes a while to go off. It is wired as the drivers door. Is there any way of stopping this happening ? it’s really annoying every time you open the door .
thanks.

OP
OP
H

Hi Mer

Free Member
Jul 24, 2023
Cardigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B580
Exp
Since 2016
Hi all, new member. When I open the habitation door on my Hymer on a sprinter chassis the dashboard lights up and takes a while to go off. It is wired as the drivers door. Is there any way of stopping this happening ? it’s really annoying every time you open the door .
thanks.
Hi all, still trying to find my way round this website.
posted thred about sprinter dashboard lighting up every time I opened habitation door. Emailed Hymer Germany, they said it’s a Merc thing and is normal, dealership never got back to me, Mercedes commercial said bring it in, we’ll have a look. It’s been driving me mad. I thought this can’t be right every time I get in the van the dashboard lights up like a Xmas tree. Well it’s not! put the step down and it doesn’t happen, everything stays asleep until you put the ignition on.
will be keeping the step down from now on, I did say it’s all new to me.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Lots of cars use wireless keys. If you're getting in a normal car, you're going to drive somewhere. Having the dash light up and the radio start booting up as soon as possible is useful. So that's the behaviour programmed in.

The fact that it's annoying for the tiny proportion of people that turn their vans into campers doesn't factor into their use cases when they designed it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
In addition to that it also powers itself on at intervals to check the electronic handbrake etc, on ours this also triggers our VB rear suspension to wake up! Really not good for vehicle battery when in storage. Hood you have a battery maintainer fitted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

Hi Mer

Free Member
Jul 24, 2023
Cardigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B580
Exp
Since 2016
I know dash lighting up is normal when you open drivers door but the habitation door is wired as driver’s door, you get a warning on dash saying drivers door open. As soon as you put step down it recognises it as the habitation door and switches the system down. It remains off so you can go in and out as many times as you like. Once you put the step up it recognises it as the drivers door again, and the dash wakes up. clever stuff.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back