Spotted my first Swallow of this year. 👍 (1 Viewer)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Mowing the back lawn this afternoon, stopped the mower to empty the grass box when I recognised the chatter of a Swallow, looked up and saw my first of the year.
We have a pair that have been returning to their nest in our outbuilding for the past five or six years, so it's time to peg back the door for their arrival. (y)

Feb 23, 2023
Hawarden, Deeside, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
Since 2019
Mowing the back lawn this afternoon, stopped the mower to empty the grass box when I recognised the chatter of a Swallow, looked up and saw my first of the year.
We have a pair that have been returning to their nest in our outbuilding for the past five or six years, so it's time to peg back the door for their arrival. (y)
Saw my first swallow today as well.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
I saw swifts a couple of days ago - but we are in Spain. :). However, it must be only a few days flying from here to the UK. They fly non-stop of course and won't land until they reach their nest site.
In Spain traveling north and so many swifts around the rooftops, brings a huge smile to our face. It's such a shame that swift habitats are diminishing rapidly back home in the UK and subsequently they are at great risk. Lots of information on the websites to encourage people to buy and erect simple nest boxes for them.

IMG-20170527-WA0001.jpg

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
Saw a swallow whilst walking the dog on the canal towpath in Leicester yesterday morning. Gave me a real lift.

Made me think. One swallow doesn't make a summer. It certainly didn't feel warm. Chucking it down today.

Jun 19, 2018
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria 600 DT
Exp
Saw my 1st Swallow Friday on the golf course in Much Hadam, has anyone heard a Nightingale yet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back