Sigma S34 Door Locking on Sigma Fob Issue (1 Viewer)

Apr 7, 2021
Solihull, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohawk
Exp
Fairly New
Hi All,

Sigma S34
X250 Ducato
Autotrail Mohawk
  1. Fiat fob locks and unlocks all doors but does not arm alarm.
  2. Fiat fob will independently lock and unlock cab and hab doors using the related buttons.
  3. Sigma fob locks all doors and arms the alarm.
  4. Sigma fob will only unlock the cab doors and disarm alarm.
    1. When unlocking with the Sigma fob I can hear the mechanism in the hab door at the same time as the cab doors but it won't unlock.
  5. I have tried locking / unlocking with the internal dash button, works as expected but has no impact on the Sigma fob activity.
Has anyone experienced this? I am sure when I first programmed the new Sigma fob, it locked and unlocked all doors but I cannot remember 100%. It seems when unlocking the vehicle with the Sigma fob, something is happening in the hab door (I can hear a mechanism) but it won't unlock. The Fiat fob unlocks and locks all doors so that would suggest the central locking function in the hab door is operational.

Any thoughts on this one please?

Cheers, David.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bump - just in case anyone can advise or did you get this resolved David?

OP
OP
davida71uk
Apr 7, 2021
Solihull, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohawk
Exp
Fairly New
No, still an open investigation Wombles, I tried an approach I read somewhere else, toggling the hab door lock from the inside and setting the alarm but no change. My next approach will be to re-register the fob with the system. I am starting to doubt myself in thinking the fob did unlock the hab door. The fact I can hear it clicking but not unlocking tells me it is trying. May need to go to someone with far more knowledge than I to fix.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The noise but not unlocking means the actuator is not moving the lever far enough and it needs cleaning and lubricating

OP
OP
davida71uk
Apr 7, 2021
Solihull, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohawk
Exp
Fairly New
The noise but not unlocking means the actuator is not moving the lever far enough and it needs cleaning and lubricating

Thanks, is that a door disassembly or are they accessible with just the door open? Although it does unlock on the Fiat fob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
On some doors, you take the inner handle off and lever off a cover, others, you need to take the whole inner panel off the door. It really isn't difficult and if its the whole panel, often just velcro and the inner handle holds it. I fixed mine the other day and from unlocking to closing it having been done was under half an hour

Dec 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Hi All,

Sigma S34
X250 Ducato
Autotrail Mohawk
  1. Fiat fob locks and unlocks all doors but does not arm alarm.
  2. Fiat fob will independently lock and unlock cab and hab doors using the related buttons.
  3. Sigma fob locks all doors and arms the alarm.
  4. Sigma fob will only unlock the cab doors and disarm alarm.
    1. When unlocking with the Sigma fob I can hear the mechanism in the hab door at the same time as the cab doors but it won't unlock.
  5. I have tried locking / unlocking with the internal dash button, works as expected but has no impact on the Sigma fob activity.
Has anyone experienced this? I am sure when I first programmed the new Sigma fob, it locked and unlocked all doors but I cannot remember 100%. It seems when unlocking the vehicle with the Sigma fob, something is happening in the hab door (I can hear a mechanism) but it won't unlock. The Fiat fob unlocks and locks all doors so that would suggest the central locking function in the hab door is operational.

Any thoughts on this one please?

Cheers, David.
I have the same alarm in my Autotrail Tracker and the Sigma Fob when locking it locks all doors and arms the alarm. When using the Sigma fob to open and disarm, only the cab doors open. It’s always been that way on my motorhome.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back