Section 10 of the EU passport (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo
Exp
Since 2017
Hello everyone

I’ve been reading your very useful tips for ages so thought it was about time I joined!

We are shortly to head back to UK from Spain and in my understanding of pigeon Spanish the vet said we only needed section 7 completing now and not section 10 as well. Does anyone know if this is correct? I just had a search on Defra but couldn’t find this information.What do you think as it would have saved us €60…..but we didn’t want to take the risk with our 2 dogs.

Any help much appreciated 😃

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
We have 7 and 10 filled out? French Pet Passport. Is one of the sections for Tapeworm vac? If so it wouldn't be filled out until vet visit by port.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DensyLunaMillie
Aug 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo
Exp
Since 2017
We have 7 and 10 filled out? French Pet Passport. Is one of the sections for Tapeworm vac? If so it wouldn't be filled out until vet visit by port.
Yes we’ve done 7&10 twice already this year.

7 is for the tapeworm (the vet has to give tablet and stamp & sign this section) 10 is for an examination and also requires a signature and stamp. Today’s vet was saying 10 was extra money and not necessary but I didn’t want to risk it and will ask at the port if necessary.

OP
OP
DensyLunaMillie
Aug 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo
Exp
Since 2017
My understanding is that the fitness to travel section is for unaccompanied travel, e.g. air freight, and is not required for accompanied pets. The tunnel confirmed this to me verbally but wouldn’t put it in writing
Thanks a lot that is very useful 😃

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2015
Blackpool
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1985
Hi
I am in Spain at the moment and I thinking of getting a pet passport before we return. Can anybody tell me if I get one how long is it valid for.I am asking this because I might not return within one year of it being issued.

Dave

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
it is valid for the life of the pet as long as the rabies vaccination is current. in your case you need to ensure the expiry date of the rabies vacc is after you intend to return to the EU as only an EU vet can enter a Rabies vacc data to be valid.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
PS: it appears that most Spanish vets only administer a 1 year rabies vacc so if that is the case and you do not return within the 12 months of the valid vacc then the passport will be useless untill reinstated by an EU vet.
I believe it is possible to get a 3 yr vacc in Spain but you will likely need to shop around.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
3 year vaccination in Benicasdim at Benivets. Highly recommended.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Hi
I am in Spain at the moment and I thinking of getting a pet passport before we return. Can anybody tell me if I get one how long is it valid for.I am asking this because I might not return within one year of it being issued.

Dave
The pet passport lasts until it is full of stamps, and you need more room for the vet to fill in.

Aug 3, 2018
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 635
Exp
Since 2017
Hi there, we purchased an EU passport for our dog in Spain last November and are going to use it next month to go back to Spain. Our Spanish vet advised us to use a Spanish address (i.e. regular campsite) when completing our details. What addresses are people using on their dogs EU passport and has anyone been questioned if using their UK address?

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi there, we purchased an EU passport for our dog in Spain last November and are going to use it next month to go back to Spain. Our Spanish vet advised us to use a Spanish address (i.e. regular campsite) when completing our details. What addresses are people using on their dogs EU passport and has anyone been questioned if using their UK address?
Once you've obtained an EU Pet Passport, the address on it becomes irrelevant - you can change it yourself! Some vets 'require' an EU address to issue a PP, some don't. There is no actual legal requirement for an EU address.

My dog has a French Pet Passport with a UK address and has used it several times, no problem.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have Portuguese PPs for two dogs with our UK address in them and have no problems using them both to return to the UK and to travel to the EU.

As for a local address, it might depend on where in Spain you get a PP as some have regional registration requirements whilst others don't.

I got one yesterday for our Bella for €37 including 3 year rabies jab, they used our UK address but did ask to see MY passport so they could enter ownership details into the system (not to give me a rabies jab! 😱). See my thread for info:

Aug 3, 2018
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 635
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks for the replies, gives me a bit more confidence for its first use!! I will complete with UK address as suggested.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back