May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Caravan owner moved on to Motorhome
Afternoon All.
Has anyone with an Autograph II had a roof mounted aircon unit fitted to their MH? I'm looking at a Truma Comfort unit which weighs in at 33kg. Thinking to replace the roof light in the kitchen area. I'm not worried about the payload as the van is uprated to 4t. Spoke to a local dealer who has said they have to refer to Bailey as they've not installed one before (alarm bells ringing already).

Anyone out there basking in a cool gentle breeze?

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Have you looked on YouTube as lots have done and recorded it.

OP
OP
Paul Wilkins
May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Sorry.. I haven't been clear. My main question/concern is will a 33kg unit be a problem on the roof in that position on the van.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
If it cannot be done,? Have you considered a Maxxfan as an alternative...we motorhome in Spain all year ...fitting the fan is a great help in the warmer months....

OP
OP
Paul Wilkins
May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
If it cannot be done,? Have you considered a Maxxfan as an alternative...we motorhome in Spain all year ...fitting the fan is a great help in the warmer months....
and at two grand cheaper.. its a bit of a no-brainer. Thanks for that jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
and at two grand cheaper.. its a bit of a no-brainer. Thanks for that jumar
You are very welcome....Maxxfan have many advantages, which in the way we use our van are very welcome..
1,We live in a hot country.
2, Don't use campsites too often.
3, Don't need hook-up...we are a Lithium convert.
4,Sleeping in the van extracting warm air or introducing cool air is wonderful.
5, Much cheaper than buying an aircon unit...our apartment has 3 aircon units....our ceiling fans works well in keeping us cool when we are at home...the motorhome cooking is based on our experience at home...
6, I rest my case.....šŸ˜ƒšŸ‡ŖšŸ‡¦šŸ‘

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Afternoon All.
Has anyone with an Autograph II had a roof mounted aircon unit fitted to their MH? I'm looking at a Truma Comfort unit which weighs in at 33kg. Thinking to replace the roof light in the kitchen area. I'm not worried about the payload as the van is uprated to 4t. Spoke to a local dealer who has said they have to refer to Bailey as they've not installed one before (alarm bells ringing already).

Anyone out there basking in a cool gentle breeze?
I had a Dometic 2200 on my 794 with no issue's (about the only thing lol) the installer put the wires into the existing trunking in tge roof from the kitchen roof light .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back