remove towbar (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
hi has any one removed a tow bar and electrics from a autotrail ,i have traced the loom into the battery box and was just trying to find it if it was going to a multiplug after that or is it going to the fuse box ,,thanks ,,its 2018 imala this is on fiat cab

Last edited:
OP
OP
rob1234
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
Can I ask why are you taking the tow bar off
hi im looking for a new motorhome and some i have looked at dont have one fitted so thought ,,i will take mine of and stick it on new one ,,,sounds easy ,,,:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rob1234
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
I took one off a Carthago to save a bit of weight but left the electrics connected and bolted the socket to the chassis extension rails out of sight. Saved doing anything to upset the canbus system.
that sounds easier ,,then get next one wired up ,,should be less expensive ,,thanks

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Unless it is the same model you are buying it likely won't fit nor will the homologation plate match the new one?

OP
OP
rob1234
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
Unless it is the same model you are buying it likely won't fit nor will the homologation plate match the new one?
ok,,thanks i thought most of the light chassis body's would be roughly the same extending brackets ,,but not really looked in much depth,,

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
I think you are correct and more a matter of whether the crossbar/hitch clears the rear skirt.
I moded the rear skirt slightly to fit mine.

OP
OP
rob1234
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
I think you are correct and more a matter of whether the crossbar/hitch clears the rear skirt.
I moded the rear skirt slightly to fit mine.
ok thanks ,,i thought that might be a problem, mine is an autotrail imala 720 what i am looking for is a adria 670 dl or sl ,,or similar,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back