herbies

Free Member
Apr 17, 2013
somewhere in south devon
Funster No
MH
hymer b694
Exp
there probably is one and please correct me but i feel this little gem of a peice of kit deserves its own forum!
last week we made perfect pizzas
they were awesome

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We are big fans too.

A small one for the van and a big one for home.

But only because we bought the big one first and it was too big for the van.

keithcdb

Free Member
May 31, 2013
scotland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
Looks a good bit of kit but a bit pricey :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
How low a wattage will it work on sites abroad :Smile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If anyone is interested I have a Remoska recipe book, make me an offer! :Smile:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
What is the difference between a Remoska and a Halogen oven they look as though they use the same heat transference method?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
The Remoska our very best van buy of all time, perfect for winter use and light, easy and cheap to use!

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
How low a wattage will it work on sites abroad :Smile:

Wattage is low, about 400 I think, and yes it certainly does work on continental sites with restricted amp supply.

We use it whenever we can to save gas when travelling, it cooks just about anything. Seems a bit pricey when you see it but its well worth it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
its all about the wattage

halogen oven = shed loads

Ramoska = much less

Am I correct in thinking though that the halogen is quicker, more like a fan oven where as a remoska is slower, not quite as 'fast' as a standard non-fan oven?

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am excitedly awaiting delivery of grand remoska from lakeland today we used a Cobb outside over the summer and loved it but now it is colder wanted something indoors .. hoping it has some advantages over a slow cooker, I am hoping it will remove all calories from butter and cream but leave all the taste:RollEyes:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
What is the difference between a Remoska and a Halogen oven they look as though they use the same heat transference method?

Totally different, the remoska is so much better than a Halogen oven, plus you don`t need to wear welding goggles when using it.:thumb:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
We have the large Remoska, they apparently started life in Poland, probably for the poorer families, though I guess around the 1930`s most of the families were poor.
Mother could cook everything in one pot, how could they afford a full sized oven?

Use ours all the time in the motorhome, usually outside anything from a whole Chicken covered in Garlic and Rosemary, that certainly brings the other campers around to find where the aroma is coming from.
To Sweet Potato wedges drizzled with Sesame Seed oil, Stuffed Peppers or mushrooms.
A truly fantastic bit of kit that has been well worth the £129. price tag, use an inner pyrex bowl lined with tin foil to cook on saves such a lot of washing up.:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We've had a Remoska for 5 or 6 years fantastic bit of kit along the Raskelf mattress the two best items we ever bought for the m/home, neither are cheap but both are true quality.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
it is czekoslovakian and it was produced in the 1970's

You are correct it did originally come from the Czech Republic.

Copied this from the Lakeland website.
The Remoska was originally designed and produced in the Czech Republic sometime around the 1940/1950’s, so long ago, nobody can remember exactly! You will be pleased to know it has gone through some modifications since then, but surprisingly, not that many! How many other products do you know that have stood the test of time that long… vacuum cleaner… answers on a postcard please!
There is no doubt that here in the UK, as elsewhere, today’s modern ovens and microwaves, ready to cook meals, takeaways and frozen food has changed our attitude to cooking. It is difficult to believe that after all the available computerised gadgetry this simple electric mini-oven, the Remoska, has made a comeback, but simplicity is exactly the reason for its appeal.
In the Czech Republic, released from Communist rule, people with country cottages, caravans and small town flats were slowly remembering the mini-oven in which mother and grandmother cooked very tasty dishes and had extolled its economic use of electricity. Gradually the Remoska came out of the closet and once more was in demand.
Milena writes – “On a trip to Prague, I was visiting my cousin Helen, and before leaving, I bought her, as a parting present, a new Remoska to replace the one Helen’s mother had been using for the past 40 years. Back in England, re-reading the promotional literature I was prompted to phone the factory and asked why had this pan never been exported abroad. Speaking to a complete stranger, before any names were given, the reply came, “pani, vy jste andel z nebe”, we were speaking in Czech. Mr Ivo Svoboda, the Marketing Manager, for that is who it was, said – “lady, are you an angel from heaven”. From that delightful encounter has grown a firm friendship.
When I showed the Remoska to the Customer Director of Lakeland, the reply was “Let me take one home, I’ll have a play with it”.
As they say – ‘the rest is history’ – the Remoska has become one of Lakeland’s best sellers and now we have produced a new full colour recipe book to help you get the best from using it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back