Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
Maybe not a good place to ask, however!!

My Dad recently passed away and left a load of radio control aircraft, batteries, chargers, engines, planes and a helicopter. This was his life before he passed but I know nothing about it/them - a few of the planes are huge.
If there any enthusiast RC buffs on here, where would be the best place to advertise them? I’ll never use them.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Kindest Regards
Trikeman. 😉

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Try contacting the BMFA, British Model Flying Assn.

They have a mag that has adverts for shops selling/buying. They may also point you in the right direction for a place to sell.

Good luck.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi All,
Maybe not a good place to ask, however!!

My Dad recently passed away and left a load of radio control aircraft, batteries, chargers, engines, planes and a helicopter. This was his life before he passed but I know nothing about it/them - a few of the planes are huge.
If there any enthusiast RC buffs on here, where would be the best place to advertise them? I’ll never use them.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Kindest Regards
Trikeman. 😉
I was in a similar situation with my own RC kit recently ... 7 or 8 complete models, dozens of motors, transmitters, chargers along with loads of tools and equipment.

I advertised just one model on Gumtree and the guy that responded asked if I had anything else I wanted to sell. He came from Watford area (I think) up to Norfolk and did a deal for the lot. I didn't get the best price but it saved me a load of hastle advertising it all.

I don't know if he would travel to Wales but I still have a mobile number for him if you want to contact him just let me know.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I have a load of RC helicopters and kit to sell. I might like to talk to that guy please.

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I love my model aircraft, unfortunately the market has changed so dramatically.
We are getting older unfortunately.
Where are you if can help

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
facebook Is probably the best way , the problem with planes is they are generally not post able
& helis & radio gear are likely to be well outdated & not worth a lot , good luck

I have 10 + helis

this was a small one flying with fruit bats in cairns Australia a few years ago

1646249401644.jpeg

Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
Almost certainly your Dad will have been a member of a model flying club. You should be able to find some details, possibly with his flight box where he might have a membership card. If not ring BMFA, he almost certainly would be registered with them, and they will know which club(s) he was a member of. Then get in touch with the club would be my suggestion as a starter. If his kit is any good, club members will snap it up. Hopefully, someone there will manage selling it all for you. However, by now all his radio gear may well be out of date and not really worth much. Check online the make and model number. If it isn't currently still being sold, its value will be small. There have been big improvements in radio gear in the last 5-10 years.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
facebook Is probably the best way , the problem with planes is they are generally not post able
& helis & radio gear are likely to be well outdated & not worth a lot , good luck

I have 10 + helis

this was a small one flying with fruit bats in cairns Australia a few years ago

View attachment 591238
TRex 450?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Raptor- before my time
goblin 500 had about 6 of them
blade 130X had about 4 of them ( really helped with my flying along with blade mcpx bl )

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Almost certainly your Dad will have been a member of a model flying club. You should be able to find some details, possibly with his flight box where he might have a membership card. If not ring BMFA, he almost certainly would be registered with them, and they will know which club(s) he was a member of. Then get in touch with the club would be my suggestion as a starter. If his kit is any good, club members will snap it up. Hopefully, someone there will manage selling it all for you. However, by now all his radio gear may well be out of date and not really worth much. Check online the make and model number. If it isn't currently still being sold, its value will be small. There have been big improvements in radio gear in the last 5-10 years.
Hi,
Excellent idea - why didn’t I think of that.
He was a member of a club and youth/beginners trainer.
I will track down the club and go from there - no doubt they could use the kit.
Again, many thanks.
Kindest Regards
Trikeman. 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back