Querida had an appointment with the vet yesterday. (1 Viewer)

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
She had her first rabies injection, her micro chip and got her grown-up Spanish passport.
The only occasions Querida has been in the car have been to visit the vet, so I was delighted when she hopped into the back on the second time of asking.
She stood quietly (attached by her harness) looking out of the window as we made the 20munute drive.
She waited patiently with the tailgate up while I swopped her onto her lead, then with only a momentary hesitation jumped out at my request and we made our way to the surgery.
On recognising her whereabouts and the door being open she entered eagerly and lay down inside. She was greeted and admired by an English family group who were in buying supplies of kibble and a new dog harness.
She sat up wagging her tail and graciously accepting their attention and conpliments!
I was delighted with her behaviour as she can sometimes get somewhat over enthusiastic on meeting strangers.
When her turn came she was delighted to receive a treat from the vet and didn't notice that while she ate it he was Injecting her
Wisely he nuzzled her before inserting the chip, she used some seriously bad doggy expletives and swore to kill him while that happened. Moments later he slipped the muzzle off and gave her more treats- all was forgiven, he was her favourite person again!
There is no doubt that the way to Querida's heart is through her tummy - she is seriously food motivated! Which might account for her weighing in yesterday at 35kg.and I hasten to add she is not fat- but by gum she is solid! and apparently still only about half grown :p (y)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Our last dog was a nightmare at the vets, Janie had to put her back in the car, then go back in and pay.:doh:
Izzy is OK in the vets, ? as long as there no cats in there. :rofl: Bob.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
She was six months old last week

That’s brilliant behaviour for a 6 month old. Bodes well for future visits ( but not too many, I hope)

Cass and Holly have never been bothered visiting the vet, even the Cypriot ones who seemed obsessed with taking animals’ temperatures.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Our last dog was a nightmare at the vets, Janie had to put her back in the car, then go back in and pay.:doh:

Same here,absolute nightmare every visit last time the first vet gave up and wouldn’t continue so we had to find another, he’s brilliant in any situation other than the Vets.
I don’t think that people realise the trauma we go through the Dog and ourselves l dread every visit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back