Premium Lounge Brittany Ferries (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2022
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
IH 630rd/rl
Exp
Looking at Portsmouth to Bilbao ferry cost for 2024 - the cost of the premium lounge is now showing at £85 for each passenger per trip. This autumn I paid this for 2 persons. Have BF doubled the price or is this a web site glitch.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We did have a Club cabin booked and it was included in the price, cancelled it though as going Portsmouth to St Malo instead.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
No, it has gone up from £30 (or was it £35?) to £85.

At £30/35 it was an easy decision to take it but at £85 we shall no longer buy it.

Ian

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I agree, too expensive I feel but I’ve only done 1 crossing out when it was needed and used in early March. The return was fantastic weather and spent on deck all the crossing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
I'm seeking information on this facility.
Were booked to Bilbao on 9th April and for the first time have managed to get entry to this. Normally we take snacks and drinks on board so we're hoping this won't be needed since the Lounge is meant to provide these.
However, it will be helpful if those in the know could tell us how it works? For instance SWEMBO likes her morning tea while I shave, can I get this at say 7.30 AM?
In fact what are the opening times? I assume the Lounge isn't open the morning we arrive?
Also, what constitues the 'snacks' they provide? is it adequate for a light lunch or just a few biscuits?
Any other infor. or insights will be gratefully received?

Last edited:

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I'm seeking information on this facility.
Were booked to Bilbao on 9th April and for the first time have managed to get entry to this. Normally we take snacks and drinks on board so we're hoping this won't be needed since the Lounge is meant to provide these.
However, it will be helpful if those in the know could tell us how it works? For instance SWEMBO likes her morning tea while I shave, can I get this at say 7.30 AM?
In fact what are the opening times? I assume the Lounge isn't open the morning we arrive?
Also, what constitues the 'snacks' they provide? is it adequate for a light lunch or just a few biscuits?
Any other infor. or insights will be gratefully received?

Times from our last crossing:

IMG_9626.jpeg

Ian

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
When the weather is rough, the premium lounge at the top and to the front can be the worst place to be. Maximum rock and roll.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We did it in February this year on the new Santona

The breakfast was a cooked English style or the usual continental stuff, tea coffee , orange etc

After that it was cake type things.

After that it was a selection of hot food , cold meats, cakes, puddings etc.

After that more cake .

After that more and more hot food, mainly stews, casserole, curry type.

After that more cake., cheese , cold meats etc

Wine times centred around lunch and evening during which time you could have as much as you wanted. There's also coke , alcohol free beer type drinks, again as much as you cared for

It was open when we got on for the late evening sailing for snacks and wine/ soft drinks.

It was open for breakfast on arrival morning.

The only thing it didn't have that would have been nice was savory biscuits, crisps and the like.

On a two night crossing it seemed pretty good .

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Is this the lounge you are refering to - the food on this video looks more comprehensive than the menu it he above post.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Is this the lounge you are refering to - the food on this video looks more comprehensive than the menu it he above post.

Yes

Thinking about it there was also hot food when we got on, not just snacks

Last edited:

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Yes

Thinking about it there was also hot food when we got on, not just snacks
Steve's assessment was that the lounge cost was reasonable if you had all the meals and had some drinks during the crossing. He also praised the quality of the food on offer.

The sailing he was on departed in the evening of day 1, day 2 at sea and docked after breakfast on day 3. If the sea is calm that is 5 meals + snacks + drinks. Does that make it reasonable value or a rip off?

Would you treat it as part of the holiday to splash out on, or do it as cheaply as possible as its just "getting there"

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We did have a Club cabin booked and it was included in the price, cancelled it though as going Portsmouth to St Malo instead.
St. Malo Portsmouth for us Mike.

Wasn't prepared to pay the silly prices anymore. Not when in the motorhome anyway. We will still use the Spanish routes when we go by car or my van.

I paid less than £40 inc day cabin for the St. Malo route as I used my CDV referral voucher.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Steve's assessment was that the lounge cost was reasonable if you had all the meals and had some drinks during the crossing. He also praised the quality of the food on offer.

The sailing he was on departed in the evening of day 1, day 2 at sea and docked after breakfast on day 3. If the sea is calm that is 5 meals + snacks + drinks.

You certainly have more opportunity to obtain value from it on the two night crossing than on the one night return crossing.👍

Ian

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
St. Malo Portsmouth for us Mike.

Wasn't prepared to pay the silly prices anymore. Not when in the motorhome anyway. We will still use the Spanish routes when we go by car or my van.

I paid less than £40 inc day cabin for the St. Malo route as I used my CDV referral voucher.
its an Extra 550km to St.Malo for us, and around 5 hours more driving (Sailing Via Santander means we are driving many miles west out of our way to get to the port) But the crossing I wanted from Santander was £550

As I have said before, I have always been a big fan of BF Spanish routes. But Unless we are in the car, just cannot justify the prices now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back