LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Just bought a Vodaphone Mobile Wi-Fi R206 from Argos reduced from £45 to £29.99. I asked the assistant who asked the Manager who looked it up and they think it should allow me to connect the Galaxy to t'internet. It says on the box it is easy to set up, we will wait and see!

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
as far as i know they work the same as the others,,you put in the code from the inside of the cover when connecting and off you go......:thumb:

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
just spoke with my mate who is off in our MH for a few days,,,,,not good for him with his,,,seems vodaphone have bad network coverage,,,he is in selby, and no coverage there,,,,,:Sad: he usualy has our 3 mifi and it works great....:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I can always get a PAYG data Sim for another network as a backup. I don't want a contract as that ties you to a single network.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
It may be locked to Vodaphone. Best to check before you're too far away. Vodaphone signal round here is rubbish and I have a contract Vodaphone phone. I carry a little cheap phone with EE sim in case I need to make an urgent call while dog walking as no Vodaphone signal at all in Friston Forest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
It probaly is locked to Vodaphone but that's okay as I will get a cheap PAYG SIM on another network as a back up.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It probaly is locked to Vodaphone but that's okay as I will get a cheap PAYG SIM on another network as a back up.

If it's locked to Vodafone a SIM from another network won't work in it unless you get it unlocked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I won't work if it's locked to Vodaphone.

I'll see if I can get it unlocked at some point. Not too bothered at present as there is usually somewhere to get free wifi but it's nice to be able to check stuff whilst sitting in the MH instead of having to look out a hotspot. I must remember to make a note of my FON username and password.

Looks like there is Vodaphone coverage where we will be in early June (baby sitting) near Stockport.

Here is another question....... my mobile phone is on Orange / EE and is a basic PAYG, no internet. When I top up I get free text messages (which I use) and also some Orange World which I always thought was data but obviously didn't use. Can I use that data (if that's what it is) on the tablet?

Sorry for all the silly questions but I'm new to all this and the manuals haven't been much help as they assume some prior knowledge and leave out an awful lot of the basic stuff I need!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back