Pilote or Adria (1 Viewer)

Jan 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Hi - I am a first time buyer of a motorhome have hired one last year.

I have now gotten by shortlist down to:

1: Pilote 740FC - either std cab or A Class £82K and £92K
2. Adria Matrix Supreme £102K

At the moment I cant see that the Adria id worth £20K more than the Pilote?

Do people think that Adria is superior quality to the Pilote?

Any advice appreciated

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
They are both quality motorhomes but rather than asking the question you have, which vans layout suites you best.
You will be living in the the van with your own needs and interests. I have an Adria Supreme and love it for its layout and practical design but I am equally aware that Pilote Motorhomes are quality machines.

Reactions: f6c
Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
We much prefer the a class for the extra space in the living area. Ours is the adria , the design and finish are good quality. However havent experienced a piloted so cannot compare

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
Another one who is very happy with our Adria Sonic Supreme A Class, but also fully aware that other models/makes etc. will be equally suited to others.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Yep. Love my Adria. Very well built, stuff makes sense with how it’s been done, and things like access to fittings/taps/joints/boiler etc.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Never had a Pilote so can't compare but bought my Adria Matrix Supreme new in 2019 and up to now. touch wood. its been great. Done loads of trips in it ...Southern Spain, Southern Italy etc. Spoke to others with the same van and they have been equally impressed with there's. Only problem is the payload but thats the same with a lot of new vans. We're careful what we put in it but as we never use it we take the mattress out of the drop down bed when we go on long trips ...gives us extra storage space and payload.

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Purchased a Pilote 700g (twin single beds) new in 2019, smallest van we've had but so well designed it gives more internal space, massive payload and very well put together. A couple of minor snagging problems on delivery but very minor and quickly sorted by dealer, after almost 4 years there have been no other problems at all.

We have never owned an Adria so can't comment.

Jun 20, 2013
Kendal
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650GJ
Exp
since 2000 (a couple of VW campervans and a low profile Dethleffs)
Our's is a Pilote P650GJ and we think it's great, good quality finish, design and materials. Nothing major to criticise. Can only compare with our previous one, an older Dethleffs and it's just as good and probably better than that. No direct experience of Adria.

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
No experience with Adria but we are on our second Pilote.
Our first was a Pilote 716 Sensation which we purchased in 2019 but quickly realised that the layout didn't suit us but the quality seemed good. We then PX early in 2021 for the G740 Sensation and had it uplated to 3.8t. It was a used van and there were a few wiring issues but once sorted all is good and I would buy another. A Class feels more spacious than the previous particularly in the cab area.

KPM

Free Member
Jan 31, 2022
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
since September 2019
Our first Motorhome was a new 2019 version of the |Pilote 710 Sensation with the French bed layout, "Comfortmatic" a semi automatic gearbox. lovely but had a few niggles, like they all do ( couldnot get the DAB ever to work - which in this day an age is ridiculous SMC made 2 bodged attempts to resolve, none of which worked. Plus we had heating pipe distribution issues . After 3 years we wanted an island bed layout and after trying to negotiate with SMC in Newark who were not really interested , we have decided to go for a Chausson 788 which has a Ford Transit cab and a proper automatic gearbox . I liked the Adrias but alot more expensive in my opinion and still on a Ducato chassis

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
We have an Adria Matrix DC Supreme 2019 model, with alde heating, very happy with it. it's fitted with VB rear air assist suspension and is palted at 3850kgs. By coincidence I weighed it yesterday, it was completly empty of all personal affects apart from a dualay matteress topper, 40ltrs fresh water, 20ltrs fuel. it came in at 3280kgs. This gives us 600kg payload. it also has EP self levelling. Its how second Adria. Dont have any experiance of Pilote so unable to help with a direct comparison.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
As previously mentioned, if you're buying a van of equal quality, then it comes down to the layout, then the layout and then the layout (and I include the equipment in the layout)

You can have the best quality in the world but if the layout doesn't suit you or it doesn't have the equipment you identify as 'must have', then you will be disappointed and be looking for your next motorhome very quickly...

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hi we have a 740fc and love the layout been a couple of things go wrong but dealer sorted them out and no problem's now , would certainly buy another BTW the auto box is brilliant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back