Peugeot boxer ignition on but wont start (1 Viewer)

Ode

Apr 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot compass ca
Exp
but changed battery and still wont start no clicks maybe fuse ? Dash lights up shows no fault

OP
OP
Ode

Ode

Apr 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot compass ca
Exp
Might I was told it might be cal 5 fuse

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
What year and engine?
Does engine turn over at all?
Does it turn but not start?

1) Earth straps are like shoelaces on old cabs - add new ones and replace old one.
2) Is the KEY symbol illuminated on dash? Engine will turn but not fire (it has NO fuel pump running until this light goes out).

Message me if it is an older vehicle (mine is 1999) and if it is KEY symbol there are a few things to try but immobiliser replacement or bypass is inevitable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 5, 2014
tetbury
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Expedition
Exp
Long time
Check if there is power to the starter solenoid with 'start' selected.
Had this problem after some toe rag in Bulgaria (a Serb!) cut the lead to it!

OP
OP
Ode

Ode

Apr 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot compass ca
Exp
Jev 88
2007 2.2 switches on but dose not turn over

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Jev 88
2007 2.2 switches on but dose not turn over
Ok, so you don't mention the Key Code light on dash so that is good as that is an immobiliser issue.
You need to check Earth side of battery. Older Fiat/Peugeot had poor Earth from battery to engine and another poor strap from gearbox to chassis (bottom of engine bay). Test this by using jump lead from negative of battery to exposed metal on engine block. Then try starting.
If that fails then starter motor solenoid or motor itself is the problem (usually).

Oct 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway EB
Exp
New
I had a similar problem on a Land Rover Defender which used the same Ford Puma engine as the Boxer. The issue was immobiliser related. Try closing the doors and locking using the key. Wait a minute then unlock and try again to start engine.

Kenny129

Free Member
Mar 27, 2023
Funster No
MH
elddis sunseeker 120
What year and engine?

1) Earth straps are like shoelaces on old cabs - add new ones and replace old one.
2) Is the KEY symbol illuminated on dash? Engine will turn but not fire (it has NO fuel pump running until this light goes out).

Message me if it is an older vehicle (mine is 1999) and if it is KEY symbol there are a few things to try but immobiliser replacement or bypass is inevitable.
Hi
I have a 2008 Peugeot boxer motorhome which won’t start
It started to play up after I changed the battery
It ran for 30 seconds and cut out that happened around 6 times and it won’t start at all now
I have had the key checked and was told it was told it was ok I then tried to reset the vehicle according to previous messages on here but no joy I have the immobilizer light on in the dash.
Has anyone on here had that problem and can the immobilizer be mapped out

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1) replace battery earth lead.
2) add additional lead from battery to engine block (lifting eye is useful for this on some engines).
3) add earth lead from gearbox to other wing.
4) if you have a red key, stop using it. Black keys are meant for daily use and red key to program black keys (at least it USED to be that way).
5) if the keycode light is illuminated you can spin the engine all day long but it won't start as there is no fuel being pumped (older engines).
6) you can try replacing the key "aerial" usually mounted in a loop around the ignition barrel.

The old Fiat immobilisers just simply breakdown and start intermittent and then become more a continual refusal to read your key.

Kenny129

Free Member
Mar 27, 2023
Funster No
MH
elddis sunseeker 120
1) replace battery earth lead.
2) add additional lead from battery to engine block (lifting eye is useful for this on some engines).
3) add earth lead from gearbox to other wing.
4) if you have a red key, stop using it. Black keys are meant for daily use and red key to program black keys (at least it USED to be that way).
5) if the keycode light is illuminated you can spin the engine all day long but it won't start as there is no fuel being pumped (older engines).
6) you can try replacing the key "aerial" usually mounted in a loop around the ignition barrel.

The old Fiat immobilisers just simply breakdown and start intermittent and then become more a continual refusal to read your key.
Hi mate
I have tried that but still no joy
Is it possible to get the immobilizer mapped out

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi mate
I have tried that but still no joy
Is it possible to get the immobilizer mapped out
I ended up physically cutting mine out but that was a 1999 Ducato. Pre -OBD ports you see. So yours may be programmable by an auto electrician.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the 2008 is an X250, so a different immobiliser to the older version. Yes, it can be bypassed, but I expect this is an ECU issue as it started when the battery was changed. First point is to double check that none of the fuses on the top of the battery are blown and all are tight. Odds are that moving the battery leads has done this

funnot

Free Member
Apr 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
just looking
What year and engine?

Hi jev, my dad has an old Peugeot mh, and it will not start it has the key light on the dash, the immobiliser box which is yellow and pn 46417024 we think needs replacing, but he does not have a key fob for remote locking etc just basic replacement keys, and it has no odb plug so we have no idea how we can recode a new box to the key so it will start, can you help us with some idea on what we can do, I notice your from Peterborough, we are at gorefield which isn’t to far. Thanks for any help on this.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi jev, my dad has an old Peugeot mh, and it will not start it has the key light on the dash, the immobiliser box which is yellow and pn 46417024 we think needs replacing, but he does not have a key fob for remote locking etc just basic replacement keys, and it has no odb plug so we have no idea how we can recode a new box to the key so it will start, can you help us with some idea on what we can do, I notice your from Peterborough, we are at gorefield which isn’t to far. Thanks for any help on this.
Take the cover off the steering column and check that the sensor ring has not slipped or cracked, which is what usually happens. You don't have an OBD2 port on the older vans, but do have a 3 pin version to communicate with the ECU on the inner wing under the bonnet

If it is just the sensor ring, it will not need recoding. Otherwise the cheapest option is to bypass the immobiliser. I don't offer advice on how to do this over the internet. I mobile auto electrician is tour best choice if you go that route

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Messaged you

Jul 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
Advangarde
Ok, so you don't mention the Key Code light on dash so that is good as that is an immobiliser issue.
You need to check Earth side of battery. Older Fiat/Peugeot had poor Earth from battery to engine and another poor strap from gearbox to chassis (bottom of engine bay). Test this by using jump lead from negative of battery to exposed metal on engine block. Then try starting.
If that fails then starter motor solenoid or motor itself is the problem (usually).
Worked for me, after removing ,testing and refitting starter motor and replacing battery, fume!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back