Pet Insurance - recommendations please (1 Viewer)

Herbyventures

Free Member
Oct 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit selfbui
Exp
I've got one dog with Petplan, one with Kennel Club, not a lot to choose between them, same sort of price for same level of cover. Both very easy to deal with, and making a claim is not complicated, I'd recommend either. However, be aware that if you have already claimed for dental problems, that may be excluded from a new policy. My Labrador had any ear problems excluded because she'd had ear infections (luckily that was never an expensive problem!)

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
That’s ridiculous excluding previous problems, it would be like me going to the doctor and being told “you’ve been in before with the same complaint” I’m not treating you again for it.

Jul 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elldis Autoquest
we are with kennel club, not had to claim but theyget good reviews
I used Kennel club for 15 years and would not recommend them to anyone as my Dillon got older they were absolutely terrible extra cost for everything in the end was paying £160 mth and when I complained they said well cancel then, up until he was 14 never claimed once then he got sick and that was it had us over a barrel and they knew it moved my other dogs to another provider still expensive but at least they seem to care

Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
The Insurance Emporium- excellent, always paid up even when our dog had to be put sleep following being run over, they paid us for what we paid for her. Pay out quick too.

Mar 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
autosleeper
Pet pkan all day long

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
That’s ridiculous excluding previous problems, it would be like me going to the doctor and being told “you’ve been in before with the same complaint” I’m not treating you again for it.
Most pet insurers will continue to cover your pet for existing conditions but may exclude pre-existing conditions when you take out a new policy.

As an example, PetPlan continue to cover our dog for pancreatitis despite us have a number of claims paid by them for this however if we were to change to a new provider they would, almost certainly, exclude this illness as pre-existing or severely hike their "standard" premium.

The insurers have you over a barrel on this one as you either stick with increasing premiums and retain cover or change for, potentially, lower premiums but lose cover.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020
Bingley, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120
Exp
Have you ever tried to insure a horse? Almost all insurance policies for them will exclude after the current year.

Dec 14, 2020
Bingley, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120
Exp
Have you ever tried to insure a horse? Almost all policies will exclude ongoing conditions at the end of the policy year.
Treating the condition and paying for the treatment are different things.

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Have you ever tried to insure a horse? Almost all insurance policies for them will exclude after the current year.
Yes, I had three at one time and insurance costs were very high but so were their vet bills!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back