Pet insurance (made simple please) (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
What is the difference between Accident only and a time limited policy?

also do policies cover you whilst your pet is abroad?

TIA

Paul

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Pet Insurance WARNING.-I paid pet insurance for SEVEN YEARS for a small pony i purchased £28 a month ,sadly he took ill, and after 9 months he was not going to get better we had to make the heartbreaking decision to put him down .When i claimed off the insurance ,they refused to pay out because i had purchased some medication when he was first ill cost £4 .45p in the March.The new policy was renewed in the April. Because i did not inform them at the time they said, had i have informed them they would not have renewed the policy i asked in that case can i have my payments back from APRIL this being October ,they said no .This for me was just an excuse not to pay .As this claim was only £300 to bury him ,we did not want to make money on him.We were disgusted in them, when we went on line there were lots of complaints about them PET PLAN .Since then we pay as we go ,and would not give these thieves to chance to rob us again.BEWARE.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Pet insurance tends to have a lot of exclusions and varying levels of cover, a bit like human medical insurance. The latter come in cheap(ish) and cheerful forms but getting insurance for anything longterm will be very expensive, if you can get it at all. Surgery for pets has come on a lot recently and they can now treat things which would have been fatal before, but the treatment can run into thousands.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
At the moment I am going through an expensive time with my dog tests tests and tomorrow more, she is now 13 its heartbreaking :cry:
I do not have insurance as it was costing more and more each year covering less and less

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back