1. MotorhomeFun The best Motorhome Club in the World

Register to remove adverts Register Here

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

MotorhomeFun is a large community of motorhome and touring enthusiasts. Our website is the busiest of its kind. It serves as a meeting place for thousands of members who share their knowledge of motorhomes and travel, as well as arrange rallies in the UK, Europe and beyond.

It's easy to join us and takes just a minute

Pepper spray intruder alarm

Discussion in 'MOTORHOME SECURITY' started by bashers, Nov 19, 2009.

1. bashers

bashers

I was contemplating leaving a little present for any would be intruders whilst i left the van for christmas

As pepper spray can be bought freely in Italy, i was dreaming up a way to flood the RV with the gas on activation of the alarm.

Any thoughts?
  2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster

Yes. You or your family are certain to trip it.
  3. savantuk

savantuk

There are two things to consider....

These are illegal in the UK, and are considered 'offensive weapons'. Sad, but true:Angry:

If you were to set one of in your MH, I'm guessing that it wouldn't be a nice place to live for some weeks afterwards, as I'm pretty certain that the chemicals would be pervasive, and get into your soft furnishings.

I really haven't a clue how you could set one off remotely, but I imagine it wouldn't be easy unless you posess a peculiar set of skills.

Good luck:BigGrin:
  4. derekfaeberwick

derekfaeberwick

Just wire the chassis to the mains, no less legal but much more effective I would have thought.:Cool:
  5. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

THe person setting off the spray is the intruder but possession may be an offence. Why not substitute the pepper spray with a Smartwater device?
  6. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Knowing the stupid PC brigade in the UK now you will no doubt be charged with assault and infringement of his human rights and the yob will no doubt sue you for damages and win.

You could get a 'smoke out' device fitted, we have one in our TV wholesalers warehouse, it completely fogs out everything..........

Bit expensive though.

Peter
  7. iceni

iceni Funster

Also - its a long shot but you have to consider that someone unknown to you may enter your MH legally ie the police or more often the fire brigade if for instance a fire started. they wount appreciate being sprayed with pepper whilst trying to save your van. thats why these type or intruder devices are illegal. i suppose we care more than other countries here
  8. jhorsf

jhorsf Funster

try one of these

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc"]car alarm[/ame]
  9. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster

Pepper spray.....

having accidently been on the receiving end of this stuff, or maybe it was Mace.... in no frame of mind to ask at the time :Doh:, i can confirm it is the best intruder repeller known to man...... short of a gun or tazer. :thumb:

shame its illegal here but if it wasnt it would only be abused. :Sad:
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  10. laneside

laneside Funster

Laneside

This reminds me of when we had the feed store just before we retired.

The lowlife broke in one night and it leaves you wanting their blood

I installed, in the entrance passageway a perfectly legal alarm gun that fires a BLANK 12 gauge shotgun cartridge via a very discreet trip wire.

Within a few days the shop cat got in before I could get in and dis-arm it and set it off (it never went in through the front door ever again).

I knew it was there and set it off twice by accident and believe me both times it rooted me to the spot.

The third time the lowlife got through the first door and set it off and they never touched the second door.

I would love to have seen their expressions as they fled the scene

Anyone want one?--- just ask

Cheers Alan
  11. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Funster

Use the fire extinguisher !!!...:Rofl1: :Rofl1: :Rofl1:
  12. cater_racer

cater_racer

The problem is that the Pepper Spay you buy in France is highly directional and needs to be aimed fairly well.

There are better ways to deter lowlife, a totally legal high intensity noise alarm works well, you can't stand near if for very long!!
  13. vwalan

vwalan Funster

i was told by a lady traveller years ago best type of defence in you van is a wasp nest spray . it fires along way and you really dont want it in your face. its legal to go through borders and lasts for ages you can buy them all over the place .only of use if you are awake but thought i would mention it.
  14. bashers

bashers

We are leaving the van in Italy, in a "secure" facility near Naples no less.

Pepper spray is legal here, and luckily Italy has not been cursed with the PC plague, so no worries about defending my property with a sprinkling of mace or a shotgun if i so choose

As for the fire brigade, by the time they get to a motor home fire, they will probably need breathing apparatus anyway.

I was thinking of the south African anti-jacking flame-thrower as i wrote the first post actually! I think i saw it on tomorrows world some years ago