Oil Leak Fiat Ducato (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2021
Salcombe Regis
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600SL
Exp
Delivered April 2021 šŸ˜ƒ. Still new, still learning. Only a couple of mishaps so far....
Just had my first MOT for my Adria Matrix 2021.

In the most difficult place too - near the turbo pipe rear of the engine. Apparently you have to take off exhaust and possibly drop the sub frame to get at it. 9,750 miles!

Adria not interested as said go to Fiat. Fiat only give a 2 year warranty on motorhomes! Apparently sometimes they do goodwill repairs but being a year out of warranty the view is that I am in hiding to nothing.

Guide to get it done - circa Ā£1k.

Any one else had a similar issue and had any joy with Fiat in such circumstance. The issue here is the low miles as you shouldnā€™t have this sort of issue at this mileage.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
If not under warranty then donā€™t take to a main dealer. Go to a garage that cares. I canā€™t see how it would be Ā£1000. Mines older, but even so, the new ones arenā€™t that tight for room. I swapped my turbo very easily on the curb side.

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Just had my first MOT for my Adria Matrix 2021.

In the most difficult place too - near the turbo pipe rear of the engine. Apparently you have to take off exhaust and possibly drop the sub frame to get at it. 9,750 miles!

Adria not interested as said go to Fiat. Fiat only give a 2 year warranty on motorhomes! Apparently sometimes they do goodwill repairs but being a year out of warranty the view is that I am in hiding to nothing.

Guide to get it done - circa Ā£1k.

Any one else had a similar issue and had any joy with Fiat in such circumstance. The issue here is the low miles as you shouldnā€™t have this sort of issue at this mileage.
Hi there, Interested as I have same spec van 2022 600SL . . .
Did you find out exactly where leak ia coming from??? As in a component or a gasket/seal. Also presumably you had your 2 year service with Fiat Pro done and stamped, so there must have been signs of this leak then, might pay to speak to them and query why not picked up at time ! I would be inclined to call Fiat directly and complain, based on age and mileage.
Ā£1,000 is a lot of money to hand over, so let me know what the outcome is please.

20230317_180949.jpg

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Have read quite a few happy outcomes when Fiat in Italy are called directly. Don't have a number but I'm sure one will magically appear shortly!

If you don't get any joy however have a look around for a commercial garage who are used to working on vans and trucks. I've now stopped using car garages when I was recommended a commercial business who sorted out my clutch problem quickly and at a reasonable cost. Actually the van is with them at the moment having the brakes overhauled after yet another problem in Spain - but that's for a different thread.

OP
OP
S
Feb 16, 2021
Salcombe Regis
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600SL
Exp
Delivered April 2021 šŸ˜ƒ. Still new, still learning. Only a couple of mishaps so far....
Hi there, Interested as I have same spec van 2022 600SL . . .
Did you find out exactly where leak ia coming from??? As in a component or a gasket/seal. Also presumably you had your 2 year service with Fiat Pro done and stamped, so there must have been signs of this leak then, might pay to speak to them and query why not picked up at time ! I would be inclined to call Fiat directly and complain, based on age and mileage.
Ā£1,000 is a lot of money to hand over, so let me know what the outcome is please.

View attachment 886648
Not had the work done yet but the guy who will do it used to work for an Adria dealership.

Adria not interested and said it was a fiat issue. Rang Fiat customer services who told me I was a year out of warranty.

When I raised the issue of low miles they said that first I have to take it and pay for a Fiat dealer to investigate and report on the issue. I live a long way from the nearest dealership so by the time I have taken it, paid their charges to be told what I already know, and put a request in with fiat for a goodwill repair that most likely will be rejected. It clearly should not be leaking at low miles but a year out of warranty is against me.

There is also the issue of time. I need the van fixed and I could spend Ā£300/Ā£400 to be no further ahead and several months down the road.

Begrudgingly I am going to get it done locally by a guy who has worked on these and knows his stuff. Just waiting for him to relocate to new premises and it will be on the ramp.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Not had the work done yet but the guy who will do it used to work for an Adria dealership.

Adria not interested and said it was a fiat issue. Rang Fiat customer services who told me I was a year out of warranty.

When I raised the issue of low miles they said that first I have to take it and pay for a Fiat dealer to investigate and report on the issue. I live a long way from the nearest dealership so by the time I have taken it, paid their charges to be told what I already know, and put a request in with fiat for a goodwill repair that most likely will be rejected. It clearly should not be leaking at low miles but a year out of warranty is against me.

There is also the issue of time. I need the van fixed and I could spend Ā£300/Ā£400 to be no further ahead and several months down the road.

Begrudgingly I am going to get it done locally by a guy who has worked on these and knows his stuff. Just waiting for him to relocate to new premises and it will be on the ramp.
Not unreasonable for Fiat to ask you to take it into one of their workshops for investigation and they do have a good track record for out of warranty repairs but no good if you haven't got one near you. For the 2 year service was that done by Fiat, if not then you are likely on a hiding to nothing but if you did then you have a good chance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back