1. MotorhomeFun The best Motorhome Club in the World

Register to remove adverts Register Here

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

MotorhomeFun is a large community of motorhome and touring enthusiasts. Our website is the busiest of its kind. It serves as a meeting place for thousands of members who share their knowledge of motorhomes and travel, as well as arrange rallies in the UK, Europe and beyond.

It's easy to join us and takes just a minute

No 12v Power to fridge when engine running!

Discussion in 'MOTORHOME CHAT' started by wardy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. wardy

wardy Funster

Hope someone can assist. I have a Compass Navigator on a VW p plate and have no 12 v power to fridge when engine running. Have replaced 12v switch as there was evidence of heat damage from power in middle brown cable. Am I missing a fuse? I would be grateful for any help.
  2. GJH

GJH Funster

When I was researching during renovations to our son's camper van I found that there is normally a relay and a 15 amp fuse in the circuit between the starter battery and fridge.
  3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster

there will be a relay under the bonnet , close to the battery, which latchs when the engine is started providing power to the fridge.

If this fails then no 12v supplied.

Go back to the switch and connect a multi/volt meter to it and an earth point to check for 12v at the switch with the engine running.

If you have 12v there then there's a problem with the fridge...If not it could be the relay is stuck open or its fuse has blown...that should also be near the relay.