Need Help With My TPLink 4G LTE, Please (1 Viewer)

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Hi all :)

I have the above router, which has worked fine up to now with a Superdrug SIM when we're in the UK and, previously, a Spanish SIM from Tiekom when we were elsewhere.

We're now in Spain and are trying to set up a new SIM from Tiekom, as our old one had been cancelled. I followed Tiekom's instructions, putting the SIM in my phone first to remove the need for a PIN Code. Then I put the SIM in the TPLInk, expecting it to work straight away as before. However, although I'm getting a full signal, it says 'No SIM Card'. I'm now stumped. I tried to login to TPLink Admin, using TPLinkMiFi.net but just get to a page saying 'Trying to configure the MiFi?'...and so I go round in circles because the link they give is the one I used. Aaarrgghhhhhhhh!!!

Can anyone help, please? I'm not really technically minded but desperately need my TPLink to work. I'd be grateful for any help at all. Thank you so much!

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
UPDATE

I can now see my TPLink in the list of available networks, so I connected to TPLinkMiFi.net and got to the Login page. However, because I reset my TPLink, it's gone back to the original SSID and is asking for my admin password. I tried the one it should be but it says it's wrong! Does anyone know what the default password might be, please? I only have 6 attempts left!!! Thank you :)

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Thank you for helping! I'm now in the TPLink admin page!! It says I'm disconnected and no SIM card. Because I reset the TPLink, I guess I'm back at the begining, as though it's totally new to me. So what do i do now, please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Which TP-Link 4G LTE router is it? Is it a mifi device, like the 7200? And at risk of stating the obvious, the device login password is not the same as the wifi password for the SSID wifi. If you have reset the mifi back to its factory settings, the two default passwords will be on the label, maybe hidden inside the battery compartment.

If it says no SIM card, first recheck the simple things, like is the SIM seated correctly in the SIM slot, and making good contact?

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Did your sim card come with APN instructions? If not Perhaps someone who has that sim info can let you know what the APN is and then you will need to add it in network settings.

Edit: check what the apn is, from a previous post on here it should be as follows.

Vodafone APN

User. vodafone

Password vodafone

APN ac.vodafone.es

And don't forget to turn roaming on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Did your sim card come with APN instructions? If not Perhaps someone who has that sim info can let you know what the APN is and then you will need to add it in network settings.

Edit: check what the apn is, from a previous post on here it should be as follows.

Vodafone APN

User. vodafone

Password vodafone

APN ac.vodafone.es

And don't forget to turn roaming on.

Oh, I'm really not having any luck with this today. Here's where I'm at;

I managed to get to the login page, which said Connection Status was 'Disconnected' and the Sim Status was 'Not found'. I entered my passowrd and got to the page where it shows 'Wizard' etc. and on each of the pages I could see the information. This morning, all the information pages are blank and refreshing the page does nothing! Even the 'Logout' does nothing. I've tried opening a new tab and starting again but I can't even get to the login page!! This is really frustrating. So;

autorouter Thank you. It's a mifi device. Yes, I have the different passwords. I've had the SIM in and out several times and also double checked that it doesn't need a code. Camino, at Tiekom has confirmed everything is good at their end, so it must be the device.

ChrisL Thank you for this information. It matches with what Tiekom have given me. If, and when, I manage to login to TPLink again, where do I input this information, please? I can't remember what I did last time!

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
OK, so I've now got back in, created a profile but still showing No SIM Card. Here's what it shows;

1686130542187.png

Can you think of anything else I need to do, please? Thank you so much! :)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
have you tried turning it off and back on? old adage i know, but on my router when i change the sim and set it all up and change the APN, it doesnt recognise the sim and change of APN until i turn it off and back on again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
have you tried turning it off and back on? old adage i know, but on my router when i change the sim and set it all up and change the APN, it doesnt recognise the sim and change of APN until i turn it off and back on again

Yes, it's been off and on so many times it's driving me nuts!! 🤯 :LOL:

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I've DONE IT!!!!!! I read on another website that, sometime, the SIM card adaptors are marginally thinner or thicker than other. So, I took this new SIM out of its current adaptor and used my old adaptor and it works!! Who knew?! OMG, I'm so relieved. Thank you SO much to everyone who tried to help me. You're all so kind and lovely :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back