Free Member
Jan 23, 2013
uk
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
since 2005
Hello. My husband died shortly after we completed a 6 month tour of Europe in our LHD Hymer and I sadly sold it because I was convinced I would not be able to reverse it on my own. I bought a VW trooper but that was too small. I am now hoping to return to motor homing after a 7 year break, so expect some dumb questions from me.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Sue

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Welcome back to motorhoming Sue - I'm a newbie, but I suspect that once the bug has bitten you're sunk! ::bigsmile:

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Sue
I have recently lost my husband too.
I have decided to keep the motorhome and see how I get on.
Maybe our paths may cross ....it would be good to talk to someone in the same position.
Anne

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hello and welcome, Questions, the dumber the better all will be answered:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Ask away, remember there is no such thing as a dumb question, its only dumb when you don't ask.

There are some great people on here ( we meet Mel and Chris in Portugal last month ) to name but one who will gladly help you.

Enjoy.

John

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Hi Sue, so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. One thing I can say, you will never be alone coming to back motor homing and in my experience fellow motor homers will be there for you when you want them to be. I'm sure your husband would be so proud of you. With everything it's just practice , good luck and enjoy. :Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Hi Sue welcome to motorhome fun, a good place to start looking for information, there are quite a few people travelling on their own, and the rallies are a great way to get to meet other motorhome, good luck with your search for a new van, any questions just ask. :Smile:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi Sue, a warm welcome from here in sweden,if your ever up here on your travels you are welcome to drop in, M

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
welcome to the fun. No need to worry about reversing, get a rear view camera they are available on eBay form about £60 with a 7" monitor and makes life very easy for you. If you are after another Hymer there is one for sale here in Ilfracombe for about £12,999 but been for sale for a while so guess he would be open to an offer.

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Hi Sue,

Welcome to the forum from another newbie.

I read your post and thought of what my old tutor used to say to me about dumb questions, and as I scrolled down to get to the bit where I could impart the sage advice to you, I saw that Don Quixote had beaten me to it!! (perhaps he had the same tutor as me!)

::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back