Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm wrecked just watching it.

You can see why Hitler never stood a change against the Russians.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Yeah I'm in thats right up my street still have a go occasionally.
My mate from Sweden did this a couple of years back and is on about doing something similar again.
Wants me to go with him::bigsmile:
We could get a MHFun team and have a go, whaddya reckon:thumb:

Brian could be Team Leader

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
My mate from Sweden did this a couple of years back and is on about doing something similar again.

sounds good to me,up for that:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

No way. Done it once in warm sunny dry Montana and it was great. Just 4 of us cross country for big steaks but nothing more taxing than a ploughed field.

A road trip, yes, I'm all ears for any warm, dry daft ideas.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
I used to ride enduro a fair few years back but her indoors put a stop to it when I used to come home all battered and bruised :cry:

I would love to give it a go again on something not too taxing if someone wants to lend me a bike :thumb:

They were happy young Daze:RollEyes:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
:ROFLMAO:These days I come home battered and bruised from Funster meets :ROFLMAO:

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Makes me wish I had not sold this last year
Link Removed
It was an insane ride, 950cc enduro 100bhp and it would do 130mph but it would rip its knobleys to shreds at that speed

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
Hi guys, any of you up for a little offroadng:winky:

Broken Link Removed

The lanes are a little wet.

you'll be the one in the red and the one that keeps falling off, that'll be me:cry:
I am sure the vodka must numb the pain, I will have to get some in :ROFLMAO:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
No way. Done it once in warm sunny dry Montana and it was great. Just 4 of us cross country for big steaks but nothing more taxing than a ploughed field.

A road trip, yes, I'm all ears for any warm, dry daft ideas.

Well you're welcome to join me on my next trip. Ship the bike to Houston mid May then fly out myself end of May. Then a nice little ride to Prudhoe Bay in northern Alaska at the top of the Dalton and back approx 10000 miles. allow 6 weeks including time at the start to do the import docs and time at the end to prep the bike for shipping and resting your backside:winky: shall I pencil you in its not too late:thumb:

Those looked mighty sensible bikes, surprising quality for Russia.

Unlike those nutters Charlie and Ewan and not to forget our own Forestboy who like picking up Panther tanks.

Whats the matter with you its good excercise especially in 6 inches of snow at minus 17c 5000 meters up a mountain.:Doh: You need to man up and take a few risks or you'll get bored and grumpy::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
[/COLOR]Well you're welcome to join me on my next trip. Ship the bike to Houston mid May then fly out myself end of May. Then a nice little ride to Prudhoe Bay in northern Alaska at the top of the Dalton and back approx 10000 miles. allow 6 weeks including time at the start to do the import docs and time at the end to prep the bike for shipping and resting your backside:winky: shall I pencil you in its not too late:thumb:

[/COLOR]

Whats the matter with you its good excercise especially in 6 inches of snow at minus 17c 5000 meters up a mountain.:Doh: You need to man up and take a few risks or you'll get bored and grumpy::bigsmile:

You are magnificently insane. Long may it continue.

OP
OP
Scotties

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
It's good to hear some of you are still up for it. Based here in Thetford we are lucky to have a couple of hundred of miles of legal byways through woods, lanes and pig farms. We ride classic trials and sometimes head off for the goat trails above the snow line in the Alps.

The Alaska trip sounds great, but end of May we will be on the road ride at Jaws Thetford meet. :Smile:

Any of you fancy a green lane run anytime, I'm sure we can fit one in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 18
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Just watched the video. Reminded me of the series Mondo Enduro. Anyone else used to watch it. Fantastic programm, will have to find the DVD and watch it again.

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Great Video, use to ride off road in this country,..........nothing compared to what video showed though.
Did wonder with some of the 'get offs' wether had tyre pressures been lowered a tad things might have been improved.

Must admit to going to watch the other vid's in same series.........

Andy

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
this is what i was up to last Sunday,watching grandson enjoying himself,dad trying to keep up

Attachments

• vareous tommylaila eirland 515.jpg
    vareous tommylaila eirland 515.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 23
  • vareous tommylaila eirland 446.jpg
    vareous tommylaila eirland 446.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 20

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Been very lucky rode off road since 7 years old raced motocross competed in trials and enduros. Trail riding trips in France and all over the lanes of Sussex. I taught my daughter to ride off road and my 3 nephews when eldest nephew started racing at 6 years old I hung up my boots. I started doing road riding and track days but gave up after I found I was getting slower not faster. I still have a MX bike and road bike trails bike got sold to buy some cycles to help me lose weight big mistake lost weight but lost a fantastic machine. All 3 of my nephews still race motocross with me being sponser mechanic and driver I love it to bits
IMG_20141020_194207.jpg
image.jpg

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Falling off was A Big Feature of that video. Didn't seem to bother them. In fact nothing seemed to bother them.
Something to do with the copious amounts of antifreeze in their bloodstream....also probably accounts for the amount of time spent horizontal under their bikes.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You can't blame them for taking antifreeze. For this olde farte that's way beyond FUN but I know people in this country who just love getting muddy and do so regularly.

Nigel67

Free Member
Jan 26, 2013
Devon/Cornwall border
Funster No
MH
Hymer b544
Exp
since 2003
image.jpg
image.jpg
These are my current rides

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 3

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012

Not sure my old Rudge would be up to that (y):LOL:

nomadtim

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
Iwade
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 1017a
Exp
Around the world in a land rover Defender,UK to Aqaba Bmw r100gs, Uk to Turkey Bmw 650 gs Daker.
Best vid I've seen in a long time, love the sound of those singles,give me some of that thanks Scotties

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loving the " bodge it and scarper" repairs along the way. Brilliant video...think I will stick to watching hubby race motocross at least we can shower in the van after.

nomadtim

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
Iwade
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 1017a
Exp
Around the world in a land rover Defender,UK to Aqaba Bmw r100gs, Uk to Turkey Bmw 650 gs Daker.
For those that still ride have a try at trail-ride-Bulgaria.co.uk nearly the best offroading you can get with you're money, no gates great food and the best riding that's fairly local

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Falling off was A Big Feature of that video. Didn't seem to bother them. In fact nothing seemed to bother them.
Falling off is a big feature of trail riding - at least where I used to do it in the Lakes & Yorkshire. As was, in some places, pushing it for a long way with the engine helping.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back