MiFi Data Sim France Assistance Required Please (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
I am a dunce. I admit it. Technology is a foreign language to me.

I have a MiFi and its unlocked (I know not what either the words 'MiFi' or 'unlocked' mean in this context, but I am trying...). Off to France tomorrow.

Which 'data sim' (yes, thats another one of those words) do I need to be able to use the'MiFi' to access the internet with my MacBook and iPad in France? What do I need to do? I don't want any sort of contract. Where can I obtain the required 'Data Sim' from before the shops close today?

Reread all previous threads on the subject but I still don't understand.

Thank you muchly for any information and advice, 'specially if its in simple bullet points!

Lorraine x

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Broken Link Removed

3 offer the same charges as the UK when in France.

Some say you have to use it in the UK for a month first before you go to France, so I would check that out.
The one from Argos is 3gb which lasts for 3 months or until you use the 3 gb.

Broken Link Removed

Deleted User
If you get a 'three' data sim from pc world or Curry's for £7.99 which includes 1Gb of data and set it up and use it in the UK before you go then the same tariffs apply in France for up to 60 days. Instructions should be in the Mifi device for setting it up, I have only used connected to a PC but it should be similar for Apple products.

If you can't get one of these then try an Orange shop in France who have reasonable deals.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
whingyraindrop
Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Thank you! Brilliant! Exactly what I need to know and in moments of asking, where else could I get help like that?

Off to my local out of town shopping centre now.

I may be back with more questions later though...

Lorraine x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back