Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Think I got it sorted, if they open hard shoulder that then becomes LANE 1, the Lane that was Lane 1 becomes LANE 2, as it is in a controlled zone if LANE 1 starts travelling faster then it would not be undertaking as LANE1 as was, which is now LANE2 would not be causing any hazard. LANE 2 which was previously LANE1 would now have LANE 3 and LANE 4 to his right, HGV and coaches who were previously not allowed in LANE 3 would now not be allowed into LANE 4 but could now use LANE 3, all the traffic previously in LANE 1 which now find themselves in LANE 2 would immediately panic as they would now be LANE 2 'hoggers' and immediately drive into LANE 1, followed by traffic in LANE 3 driving into LANE 2, and those overtaking in LANE 4 now find LANE 3 clear and drive into it. This now leaves LANE 4 completely free, apart from those in LANE 3 taking advantage of a free LANE. All the HGV and Coach Drivers who cannot Believe their luck finding the new LANE 3 traffic very light move over, now blocking LANES 2 and LANE 3, except for those who drove into LANE 1. So now LANE 2 and LANE 3 and LANE 1 are full of Trucks and all sorts of other vehicles swapping LANES to jockey for position.

Thank you for clarifying it for ME anyway, now crystal clear.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I like to drive on the hard shoulder when approaching the blackwall tunnel so i get to the front a bit quicker,dont think im supposed to though.:Blush:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Doesn't worry me what he says, I just asked a light hearted question, and in fact I don't think anyone knows the full answer to it, driving 60 years doesn't make any odds they have only opened hard shoulders this last couple of years and I think they are downright dangerous, what if someone breaks down where are they going to go, and are you going to run into them, also a lot of the carriage way only goes for less than a mile then you have suddenly got to get out of them again. But the fact remains when they are open is lane one the middle lane or not!!!!! Is it compulsory to get into the hard shoulder.

and i hope theres not a serious accident whilst the hard shoulder is chocka with traffic preventing the emergancy services from getting to the scene without having to duck and dive through the traffic.:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back