Mercedes base vehicle warranty (1 Viewer)

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I was in a Mercedes dealership yesterday and asked about Motorhome base vehicle warranty. The base vehicle warranty starts when it leaves Mercedes therefore the warranty is running while it is waiting to have the Motorhome body fitted and also whilst it is sat on a dealership forcourt waiting to be sold. It is not uncommon to find the warranty has run out before you drive it off the forecourt.You can check the age of base vehicle by going to a Mercedes dealership with the chassis number or a quick look at the date of the tyres will give you a rough idea but this is not as good as getting the chassis number.I do not know if Fiat is the same but might be a good idea to check.

The DATeam

Free Member
Nov 2, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2014
You might want to check my post from earlier in the week. If the vehicle didn't come in to the UK via Mercedes Benz UK you might only have two years warranty on it. Ours is going back to the Mercedes Benz Van Dealer on Saturday for a brake fluid change on Saturday. Will ask them when they think the warranty period starts. Will keep you updated.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I am purchasing a second hand Mercedes based mh, and have been told 2 years warranty from first UK registration.

Do I recall something about 3 years according to eu??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back