Meet at the new Marjal - March 2012 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
I got the price from the very first post by Jim.....All I want is the figure that I will have to pay...I am numerically challenged and don't mind admitting it..I do not appreciate having the pi$$ taken out of me re. translation of the Mother Tongue !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :Rofl1

I think we might be getting near a result Scotjimland old mate !!

The rates on Jim's first post were calculated on a 2 weeks basis, then there is a different price range for 16-30 days and from 31 to 60 days.

So I´ll make it clear for you:

ONE person staying in a Confort pitch from 16 to 30 days will pay 9,55€ per day plus leccy
ONE person staying in a Confort pitch from 31 to 60 days will pay 8,10€ per day plus leccy

I'll soon get mad calculating rates :Doh:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
The rates on Jim's first post were calculated on a 2 weeks basis, then there is a different price range for 16-30 days and from 31 to 60 days.

So I´ll make it clear for you:

ONE person staying in a Confort pitch from 16 to 30 days will pay 9,55€ per day plus leccy
ONE person staying in a Confort pitch from 31 to 60 days will pay 8,10€ per day plus leccy

hahahaha

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim please book us in 5th to the 25th - Comfort Pitch no leccy but a nice sunny spot please

wahoo :thumb::thumb::sin::sin::sin:

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
hahahaha

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim please book us in 5th to the 25th - Comfort Pitch no leccy but a nice sunny spot please

wahoo :thumb::thumb::sin::sin::sin:

Kath

One thing I think I should make clear for you, you don´t need to specify leccy or no leccy on your booking. There is an electric hook up on every pitch, you will only be charged if you use it. :Smile:

Raimon

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I think you could MOT before you leave, might waste a bit of cash but if it takes the pressure off you, worth it.

We discussed this :RollEyes: and decided that this 'year' we will leave it as it is. Added pressure, especially on Bob, to get home is helpful to me :winky: Also, if we changed the MOT time the following MOT year it might not suit again for some other reason as yet unknown :RollEyes: It is lucky it has been a mizzling day outside so far because otherwise I would think I was sitting around far too long. Back to what I intended to do today. Jane :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

You think this is bad - wait 'till you get FUNsters face to face.

I heard a rumour, almost certainly untrue, that the management of the site in Zahora have paid Jim, He Who Must Be Obeyed, £10,000 if he can reduce the number of FUNsters there. Three of his staff returned home to Libia, for some peace, one vanished and the rest demanded huge pay rises. It even got to the stage where the TV ended up filming them though with the usual cunning of FUNsters any charges were dropped by the police.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
One thing I think I should make clear for you, you don´t need to specify leccy or no leccy on your booking. There is an electric hook up on every pitch, you will only be charged if you use it. :Smile:

Raimon

That is even better Raimon :thumb::thumb:

Kath

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Let's rock and roll !!!!

call it 20 nights, total €191 + leccy @ 35c per kwh

each extra night €9.55

That'll do for me !!! Beam me up Scotty..Now all I need is a flag pole and a funsters Flag ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And all this after Zahora and P.Pitstops entourage !! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Jul 14, 2011
Charente Maritime
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 18
Exp
I'm a newbie, 15 years touring.
Looks like we'll be having a 1200km trip down from the Nice carnival, which finishes on 4th march::bigsmile:riving2::Wacko:
Not sure how long we'll take yet but we'd spend probably 4 weeks there::bigsmile:
Put Anne, me and the westie down for a comfort, plis, Jim:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Looks like we'll be having a 1200km trip down from the Nice carnival, which finishes on 4th march::bigsmile:riving2::Wacko:
Not sure how long we'll take yet but we'd spend probably 4 weeks there::bigsmile:
Put Anne, me and the westie down for a comfort, plis, Jim:thumb:

Word of warning from Raimon then:

Regarding your question, yes, you can stay as long as you want paying the appropriate rate, but please be aware that the campsite is almost fully booked for April.

Did someone say "recession" ?

Jul 14, 2011
Charente Maritime
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 18
Exp
Word of warning from Raimon then:

Regarding your question, yes, you can stay as long as you want paying the appropriate rate, but please be aware that the campsite is almost fully booked for April.

Did someone say "recession" ?

Ah, so the rally discounts end on the 25th. Might have to move on about the 30th then.

So that way I could get to Viadana for the Aironi/Scarlets rugby match.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ah, so the rally discounts end on the 25th. Might have to move on about the 30th then.

Strictly, not the discounts, he's warning that nearly all his 1435 pitches are booked in April. It would be amazing if he didn't have some cancellations I'd have thought.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Icing on the cake ........

Raimon,

Are there any bike/scooter hire places nearby ?

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Can you please put us down as definites on a comfort pitch please. That is Sandy, Ivy and Ellie the dog. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Jul 14, 2011
Charente Maritime
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 18
Exp
Strictly, not the discounts, he's warning that nearly all his 1435 pitches are booked in April. It would be amazing if he didn't have some cancellations I'd have thought.

Little confused now, say we wanted to stay until the 30th Mars, would we still get the rally discounts?
If we wanted to stay into April (unlikely perhaps) we would possibly have to move onto another emplacement, if there were any available? Perhaps having to pay the normal rates?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Little confused now,

I'm just warning you that if you do want to stay longer you need to ask right now in case they do completely fill up.

This will be our first winter away so I'm not prepared to book a fixed time, I'm down for a probably 5->25 but and play it by ear when the time comes. Come to think of it, it's hard at a weekend FUN meet, I don't know if I've the stamina for a month.

And as for Salopian, Dame Penelope's soiré followed by Marjal, well, deep respect.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Can you please put us down as definites on a comfort pitch please. That is Sandy, Ivy and Ellie the dog. ::bigsmile:
Ivy

I wonder if they do an un-comfort pitch for fiscally challenged Brit OAPs ?

Running water - right across your pitch when it rains.
Electricity - 100V DC
Waste - all over the place
WiFi - 110 Baud
TV - Black and White

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi raimon

Is there anywhere that you can hire a car from,
or taxis to airport, if so what would be the approx price of a taxi to airport.

Pat

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
Hi raimon

Is there anywhere that you can hire a car from,
or taxis to airport, if so what would be the approx price of a taxi to airport.

Pat

Hi Pat,

Yes, there will be a car hire service on reception.

I think a taxi from the airport will cost around 25€, but I´ll phone the taxi Company and confirm that.

Raimon

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Please count us in for 5-25 March - comfort pitch please. (For us poor old souls who only understand imperial measurements I presume that will be large enough to put the awning out too - to shade us from that lovely sun of course!! :Cool::Cool:). Will be travelling down 1-5 March via Tunnel I think with return trip 25-31 March.

Lynda, Ken & Jess the terrier :thumb:

Lancer

Free Member
Nov 9, 2010
Funster No
Don't forget to add Kay & Myself to the list of Funsters at the Rally even though we are doing the snow-bird route in that we will be at the original site first from March 27th to Dec 15th and then move to the new site on the 15th of December when it opens until the 27th of March.

Stu:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Don't forget to add Kay & Myself to the list
Stu:thumb: