Meet at the new Marjal - March 2012 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Sounds good if time off allows, perhaps we will still be there from September 2011:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LyndonRV

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
sounds goog for me is that in a school holidays ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
If it takes in the school holidays we could jump in for a quick one

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
::bigsmile:Sounds good but too early to commit. Can you put us down as possibles please?::bigsmile:

Ivy

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
That's for me !! ( I think !!! )

Sounds good to me Jim...I am over wintering with the redoubtable Miss Pitstop in Zahora, so that could be a good break on my way back to France for the Summer...If the lovely Frankie does make an appearance I could deliver her and her wee tent back to Balma !!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am over wintering with the redoubtable Miss Pitstop

You were you mean.

When Dame Penelope sees this insult she will make sure you are not allowed in Spain, let alone The Pitstop estate in Zahora. If she's not in the best of moods than she'll be sending Sir Rex after you with his hounds and horse whip.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
I wish !!

You were you mean.

When Dame Penelope sees this insult she will make sure you are not allowed in Spain, let alone The Pitstop estate in Zahora. If she's not in the best of moods than she'll be sending Sir Rex after you with his hounds and horse whip.

Beat me, beat me, beat me on the bottom with the Womans Weekly !!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
How dare you !!!!

Oi

You leave my Princess alone... :ROFLMAO:

JJ (The Salopian Slayer) :Cool:

You sir, hide behind the initials JJ !! You therefore have a past that you are eager to hide !! For that reason and that reason alone, I consider you a CAD and a BOUNDER and not fit to mention the fair Frankie's name with your foul breath !!!! I will therefore call you out at dawn !!!

I feel that a dual will resolve the matter !!! I am sure that Wildman will be my second and I am sure that your mongoose/ratcoon will be your second, I believe that he goes under the name of Rocky ( no initials there then. A fine fellow I am sure ) You may have the choice of weapons, although I am sure that you will choose Fray Bentos Pies ( within their cans of course ).... I will immediately start practising with a discus in order to confound your evil plans....The result will obviously result in the fair princess swooning in my arms ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You sir, hide behind the initials JJ !! You therefore have a past that you are eager to hide !! For that reason and that reason alone, I consider you a CAD and a BOUNDER and not fit to mention the fair Frankie's name with your foul breath !!!! I will therefore call you out at dawn !!!

I feel that a dual will resolve the matter !!! I am sure that Wildman will be my second and I am sure that your mongoose/ratcoon will be your second, I believe that he goes under the name of Rocky ( no initials there then. A fine fellow I am sure ) You may have the choice of weapons, although I am sure that you will choose Fray Bentos Pies ( within their cans of course ).... I will immediately start practising with a discus in order to confound your evil plans....The result will obviously result in the fair princess swooning in my arms ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I accept your foolish challenge young man...

I choose the weapons?

Very well, so be it...

We will fight the duel with lances whilst riding Velosolex autocycles...

May the rightful heir to the Princess's hand win... (that's me by the way :ROFLMAO:)

Sir JJ of Ansiao

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Accepted !!

I choose the weapons?

Very well, so be it...

May the rightful heir to the Princess's hand win... (that's me by the way :ROFLMAO:)

Sir JJ of Ansiao

So be it !!! now onto E BAY to purchase the aforementioned steed !!! Mr. Armstrong can provide me with a Lance I am sure !!! ( give my regards to Rocky the rat ! ) :thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014

I choose the weapons?

Very well, so be it...

Sir JJ of Ansiao

:Blush::Blush:....Oh men!!!....:roflmto::roflmto:

Shall i :shout: the "BANG" for the dual to start????

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

plans....The result will obviously result in the fair princess swooning in my arms ! .:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You two aint got a hope in hell`s chance of "WOOOOOING my little "Frankie"... :Tongue1:

Once she has spent a week in my company and with me showing her the delights of my fair county...

Neither you JJ and his furry friend will get a look in.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You can call JJ out at "Dawn" or any other time for that matter...... I hope you will both be very "Happy"... :winky:::bigsmile:

"Frankie"... is all mine, all mine.. :smalllove::man_in_love::hug:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Oh Yea !!

You two aint got a hope in hell`s chance of "WOOOOOING my little "Frankie"... :Tongue1:

Once she has spent a week in my company and with me showing her the delights of my fair county...

Neither you JJ and his furry friend will get a look in.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You can call JJ out at "Dawn" or any other time for that matter...... I hope you will both be very "Happy"... :winky:::bigsmile:

"Frankie"... is all mine, all mine.. :smalllove::man_in_love::hug:

Just looked at your likes etc...CARAVANS !!!!!. Motor Bikes and Sea Fishing....I rest my case !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::france::france::france:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Would really like to try to come ... could you put me down Jim as a may be? It is a bit too soon to know right now but i could try to find a flight and come with my wee tent!!!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:
NO NEED FOR A TENT SMUDGER GOT PLENTY OF ROOM FOR YOU FRANKIE ALL YOU WILL NEED IS BEER MONNEY :Cool::Cool::Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I will therefore call you out at dawn !!!

Dawn ?

The only dawn JJ has ever known is the buxom barmaid at The Smelly Ferret on Ilkley Moor. He offered to show her his Hide The Rope trick and ended up before Skipton magistrates where he was fined 3s 7d and costs of £1 2s 2d.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ferry

Just looked up our price. Here:
http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/q...AMPAIGN_K=g_bf_brand&AdGROUP_K=brand_bf_exact

Out 19 Feb. 6M MH. 2 People. £344 single.

Out 19 Feb back 24 Mar £792.

The 24 Mar is last date on internet. It is also a dearer journey than outbound ( dark green price ) so there may be a matching £344 later, or maybe not.

A reasonable suggestion would be out Santander and ruturn through France in the spring. A little bit cheaper and you get France as a bonus.

Portsmouth - St Malo comes up £266 ( can't get St Malo - Portsmouth on web ) so £344 + £266 = £610 looks a good deal to me. And nice journey home.

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Hi Jim,

Sounds good. We are stopping at Marjal in October on the way south to Cabopino & then heading North to Santander around 1 Mar so a stop off in Marjal would be great. Count us in.
:thumb::thumb:
Regards

Bill & Carole
billkce

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
A reasonable suggestion would be out Santander and return through France in the spring.

This would be our preferred travel arrangement. Have read elsewhere that Brittany Ferries will be announcing 2012 fares in the next couple of weeks. They may also give a discount for a booking of 10 vans or more travelling on the same ferry.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Just priced us up, motorhome upto 8m on Sunday 4th March Portsmouth to Santander, £400 ouch

it might be great if we can get a 10% discount.

Pat

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
£400 ouch
Pat

Calais-Alicante 1147 miles.
Santander-Alicante 557 miles.

So how much does that 590 miles pan out at ? Remember Feb/Mar over some high ground in France.

I reckon both journeys are similar in cost but the Santander one is much less work for the driver.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Just priced us up, motorhome upto 8m on Sunday 4th March Portsmouth to Santander, £400 ouch

it might be great if we can get a 10% discount.

Pat

I just did the same, but for a return 7mtr van - 1 x large inside 2- 4 pers berth cabin was £860 (we found the first size cabin claustrophobic and bunks beds when it is bad at sea did not suit us) )
also did a single trip £393, it looks like it is more expensive to book a return just now also that the Plymouth Ferry fares isnt showing up yet

Lancer

Free Member
Nov 9, 2010
Funster No
Hi
We would love to attend, we have booked for the winter months from the end of September, 25th Sail Plymouth to Santander booked in at the Marjel site from 27th September to 12th December at the present site and then move to the new Marjel site 15th Dec to March 27th.

This will be our first foray into Spain with our R-Vision Trail Light 281. Trying to organise the route and a stop over or two. Need loads of advice on LPG stops (near the Motorway with easy access for RV &trailer with toad).

If anyone is going over at the same time we would love to team up. has anyone used the Foncastin service station on the A6 as a stop over is it safe???

Any good camp sites near Valladolid, South of Madrid or Albacete that will take an A class with trailer?

Stu & Kay

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I just did the same, but for a return 7mtr van - 1 x large inside 2- 4 pers berth cabin was £860 (we found the first size cabin claustrophobic and bunks beds when it is bad at sea did not suit us) )
also did a single trip £393, it looks like it is more expensive to book a return just now also that the Plymouth Ferry fares isnt showing up yet

I know the bunks are a pain, but better than the reclining seats which I did once when the kids where little, never again. I dont sleep well on the boat, so apart from the seats dont mind going for the cheapest option.

Brian,
Yes I know the maths, I have done the trip a few times, thats why I would probably go by boat to santander from Portsmouth (which is much better for us than the old plymouth route), and come back through France when the weather is hopefully a bit better.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I know the bunks are a pain, but better than the reclining seats which I did once when the kids where little, never again. I dont sleep well on the boat, so apart from the seats dont mind going for the cheapest option.

We didnt expect to be in the cabin much either last time but it was the crossing from hell and hubby had to stay in the cabin :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:helptitanic::helptitanic::helptitanic:

we had to put the bunk top single mattress on the floor to sleep (and there was only just enough room to do this ) as it was so rough:Eeek::Eeek:
so vowed never that type cabin again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It was later in the year, winter time admittedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back