Market lights Burstner (1 Viewer)

Jul 25, 2020
Thurrock Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Motorhoming since 2012
Hi all, after advise from you knowledgeable lot, just had m/h serviced, 2015 690t Burstner, was advised side marker light not working so they replaced it no problem, on getting it home I noticed the rear high level lights ( which are red/clear type) were only lighting up the rear red section on both sides and only come on when engine running so purchased new lights and they are the same, only lighting up rear red section, my question is it correct that the light only come on when lights on and engine running also should both red and clear sides of light come on, thanks in anticipation, simple job turned into bit of nightmare

1AE2548B-4167-465A-A653-96D1512F00C6.jpeg

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Did you not get an answer on your other thread about this?

I am assuming that they only have one bulb or led and shine through the clear to the front and red to the rear. Can’t think of any reason why they would not show both ways unless not installed properly.
Unscrew one and have a look.
Should shine when the side or headlights on. That should happen when the ignition is on and the headlight switch is set to headlights rather than auto, but should be easy to check by manually turning the sidelights on without ignition as per manual instructions.

Maybe some local Funster could have a squint for you? Anyone in Thurrock?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Our 2019 Burstner A class has the marker lights at the top rear they show white to the front red to the rear only when side or headlights are on. There is a small reflector plate that stops the lights projecting sideways, could be that has got moved or refitted incorrectly.

OP
OP
P
Jul 25, 2020
Thurrock Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Motorhoming since 2012

I am assuming that they only have one bulb or led and shine through the clear to the front and red to the rear. Can’t think of any reason why they would not show both ways unless not installed properly.
Should shine when the side or headlights on. That should happen when the ignition is on and the headlight switch is set to headlights rather than auto, but should be easy to check by manually turning the sidelights on without ignition as per manual instructions.

Hi David & Sally, they are led’s

Hi David & Sally, they are led’s and they only seem to come on when engine running!! have tried with just ignition on, all other lights come on but not these high level ones, can’t see I’ve installed them wrong only 2 wires.
Am at MCC rally w/e will seek further advise there !!! Thanks for reply

pj650

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 14, 2010
Gretna. Dumfriesshire.
Funster No
MH
Bürstner t740
Exp
Motorhoming since 2002
Our Burstner is 2015. The high level marker lights come on when the headlights are turned on. They also light up if the lights are turned on without the ignition on. The lights are the same as the ones on your van. Try checking the wiring again. It could simply be a poor connection.
Bit of a head scratcher this one. Good luck 🤞

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back