macOS Monterey 12.1 (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
After yesterdays software update scrolling on FUN is no fun! The juddery action using Safari is very pronounced but whilst present on other web pages nowhere as near bad. Apple informed but inconclusive. Other say stop screensaver but that hasn't helped. Hopefully will improve over the next few days as I need Fun to keep me going whilst housebound with ruptured Achilles tendon.

Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
I have just got a new M1 MacBook with Monterey and it works really well. Very smooth scrolling (even on FUN). Monterey is a great improvement for me.

The only problem I had was that "Tap to Click" didn't work reliably but the latest update (12.1) has fixed that problem. I recommend updating to 12.1 if you haven't already as I know it does fix a few bugs.

Have you tried Chrome?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
My MacBook Pro is 2013. Had enough trouble when updating to Big Sur that screwed up my printer. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

I2C

Feb 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2000
I did an update on our Mac last year and it broke FUN on one browser but worked with another. Think it didn’t work on Safari but did with Chrome/ Firefox, might be worth a try if you haven’t already.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Exact opposite experience to OP! I have an iMac and since installing Monterey when the Mac goes to sleep, on waking it the Magic Mouse doesn't scroll. You have to turn out off and on again, and it then works fine - so not a major problem, but a PITA. I googled the issue, quite a few people had same problem, but has been sorted in the 12.1 update. Updated this morning, and it now seems fine.

More generally, I'm loving Monterey - my (late 2015) Mac had been running slower and slower under previous OS versions, and I was getting thoroughly sick of the sight of the spinning beach ball! I'd been about to take it in to be looked at - but since installing Monterey it seems back to its old self.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Did the update and since then have problems with scroll on mouse. After being dormant for any length of time mouse will not scroll or do side actions. Have to turn it off and in and wait until it does. Have checked all the settings but still happens. Not sure what to do next.

Derek’soldvan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 19, 2021
Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Ageing Hobby 650
I updated inadvertently a week ago & it automatically did my phone, lost all my photos from the bigsur onwards (I don’t I cloud), went to fruit shop & they weren’t able to help, not pleased with Monterey

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I updated inadvertently a week ago & it automatically did my phone, lost all my photos from the bigsur onwards (I don’t I cloud), went to fruit shop & they weren’t able to help, not pleased with Monterey
Oh no! Losing pics would be a disaster.
They’re on a backup drive though, right?

My Canon DSLR and Compact photos are on a separate internal drive to the Windows OS drive. And that mirrors to an independent NAS drive.

iPhone photos I want to keep I put on Google Cloud (photo.Google.com).

For future upgrades, you can disable auto upgrades but get a notification that there is one. That’s def. an iPad & iPhone setting. Not sure about the Mac iOS

Have you just not tried using cloud storage? In the apple device world it’s a good fit for owners of a mobile device and a home Mac computer as they can docs & pics be kept in sync. Or a backup of the iPhone / iPad be used as a complete restore points.
The latter is handy if an upgrade hoses your device. 👍🏻

Derek’soldvan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 19, 2021
Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Ageing Hobby 650
I tend to back up to sd card but wasn’t paying that much attention, Monterey took so long to update/load, I let it do it’s worse (whilst not a Luddite I’m a sceptic re cloud storage & data management, having seen data breaches in previous life).
Will take more care with updates & settings next time.
I’m still trying to get my phone to be as it was with apps etc.
I’m not adverse to Monterey, works well just perplexed at the loss & disappointed in my inattentiveness

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
I decided to buy Nik suite to add to my photography editing programme (Elements). I checked the requirements, thought that as my Elements showed 20 as it opened it was sufficient. Wrong. So I upgraded to Elements 22, which then would not work with my MacBook pro OS which was still on Mohave as it had been when new. I had to upgrade the OS, which I have not been doing as I believe in not fixing something that isn't broke.
Three hours later I was on Monterey, (I think I skipped Santolina and Big Sur along the way) Elements 22 but no Nik! Ended up uninstalling Nik, redownloading and installing again.
I hate the way you have to continually upgrade / buy new when hardware and software keep leapfrogging.
My images are all stored on an external drive.

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
My MacBook Pro is fine except my external web camera now goes really slow when I am using Microsoft Teams - the internal one is ok so looks like Teams doesn’t like the USB camera/drivers with Monterey

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
I'm staying with High Sierra, stopped upgrading when Adobe Photoshop which i paid a lot of money for wouldn't work with the Mojave, I'm not getting caught up in a monthly subscription when CS6 works well enough for me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back