Rally Chat Lyndon Top 25th to 30th July 2024 (2 Viewers)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Last year a few of us met up at Lyndon Top for a meet rather than rally, still not really sure what the difference is 🤔😁

Anyway, I am chatting to Lyndon Top about a repeat, checking the rally calendar on MHF the last weekend of July seems to be free

It will also tie in with my last chance to get away before my radiotherapy 🙏

For anybody who hasn’t yet been here, see below

It’s a great place with relaxed atmosphere, a pub about 1 mile away, walk or cycle, the adventurous can cycle round the water, just about walkable but too far for me these days

We have also discovered the golf club , even closer than the pub for drinks and food

Last year we had fish and chips which we will plan to do again on the Friday night if enough want it, collected by my ever obliging first wife 🤔😁

Tesla test drives optional 🤣

Just for now I am testing possible numbers, but we will go anyway even if on our own, probably Weds 24th - Tues 30th July

As last year people will book and pay for their own place directly with LT with a ref of MHF so they know , we will be allocated our own area, probably same as last year

So for now who might be free / interested

Edit - this is now a goer 👍

We will be arriving on Thursday 25th leaving Tuesday 30th July

LT have confirmed the same area as last year (on right behind the barn before barrier) is available, or the rally area (on left by barrier) for those who have been before . My choice is same as last year but May go with a majority decision if the rally area is preferred

The following expressed an interest , can you let me know when booked , which dates or if you can no longer make it please 👍

DavidG58 David and first wife Bev Arrive Thursday 25th leave Tuesday 30th
lorger
TheCaller
Debs
Ven
Lenny HB
Thursday - Tuesday?
Neilfg
gozomike
Booked Thursday to Tuesday
TheAleMan
Booked Thursday - Tuesday
Jev88
chatteris
gusdog
RowleyBirkinQC
@L’Hobo
WESTY66
Tigertom
haganap
Scout
ShiftZZ
bellabee
provisional Thursday - Sunday
scottie
Thursday - Tuesday

Can’t tag Hobo for some reason 🤔

Fish and Chips will be planned for Friday evening

A small charity bit will take place, using Jaws block game , bring some pound coins , win some £’s hopefully and help Prostate Cancer at same time 👍 good laugh and great social game

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Good on you for getting another potential meet going 👍 checked my diary but we have Pershore that week. Good luck with it all.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Great idea David and enjoyed last year but we have a wedding in the lakes that clashes🤔 oh suppose we had better go to the wedding really as it’s family 😃 enjoy, and I am sure you won’t be on your own.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Would love to join you, will check dates and other commitments before letting you know

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Couple of things need to fall into place before I can confirm, but in principle it's a 'yes' from us/me.

It will probably be the end of this month before I can confirm, but I really hope we can join you.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi David. As tonka I am at the Pershore meet that week but as that finishes on the Friday I could come straight from that meet to join you later on the Friday. I do not have any commitments the week commencing the 29th so could stay until the Tuesday or later.
Mike

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Would love to do it but not sure about that weekend yet.
Can you get on the water easily from the pitches?
Lenny, the only public launching point is at Whitwell on the north side of the Water, about 8 miles from LT. There would be a launching fee, although I don’t know whether paddle boards are allowed. I used to sail and windsurf there a long time ago, before paddle boards were invented. However, cycling around the Water is brilliant. Challenging on normal bikes (especially the road up from the Water to LT) but would be enjoyable on your new ebike. LT used to be our go to place at weekends when it was £5 in an envelope into the post box in the wall of the barn, but haven’t been there for a few years now since moving a bit further away.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lenny, the only public launching point is at Whitwell on the north side of the Water, about 8 miles from LT. There would be a launching fee, although I don’t know whether paddle boards are allowed. I used to sail and windsurf there a long time ago, before paddle boards were invented. However, cycling around the Water is brilliant. Challenging on normal bikes (especially the road up from the Water to LT) but would be enjoyable on your new ebike. LT used to be our go to place at weekends when it was £5 in an envelope into the post box in the wall of the barn, but haven’t been there for a few years now since moving a bit further away.
Year 8 miles is a bit far to lug a paddleboard.
Will fine on the bike, this morning I rode up the Southdowns way to Devils Dyke.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Interested but, like others, too soon to confirm, Sorry!

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
It’s possible we could do the weekend part if that’s ok, (should be just enough time to find Lenny HB a few jobs to do🤣🤣)
I’ll see if Mrs Westy can stay upright on the bike this time 😁😁
Are you doing the cake thing again, I missed that last time (yes shocking I know)🤷‍♂️

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Very interested, it would tie in nicely after Malle mile, Jasmin@Sutton and a visit to Coningsby👌

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have edited my first page to list those who might be interested, if you would like to join me book directly with Lyndon Top, link in first post , then let me know which dates on here please

Add MHF after your registration number in your details when booking, if you remember, so they have an idea on numbers

Last edited:
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Please could you put us on your list? We're hoping to come for the first 3 nights.
We really like Lyndon Top.😃

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back