LPG pricing (1 Viewer)

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
A campsite owner last week in Scotland told me he was charging £8 per night for hookup, but this price is hidden in the £33 per night cost, do you still think that £1.19 per litre is expensive. A litre of gas could heat you MH for a couple of nights I should think
You must have your thermostat down low.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Jesus ........ 11kg (21.65ltrs) in two weeks in the summer, that will last us nearer 5 weeks in the summer. :oops:

What do you use it for and do you use EHU?

I'm talking off grid, me and the wife shower everyday, we cook most days, gas fridge 24/7..... and actually I meant Autumn but in Southern Europe so not much heating use.. We stay home in English summer.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Possibly a daft question - all my others have been - but is there no way to get home delivery LPG into your MH refillables?

I've not had breakfast yet ...
You would have to fit a filler hose to your home lpg tank.
You would also need a high pressure pump because the pressure in the home tank will be the same as in the cylinder and it will not flow from one to the other without pumping.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
What do you use it for and do you use EHU? I'm talking off grid, me and the wife shower everyday, we cook most days, gas fridge 24/7
Normally offgrid and never use EHU if it's an extra cost as we have over 400watts of solar on the roof and a 200watt fold-out panel.
We shower every other day, cook most days and have increased the lagging on the oven as the original lagging was woefully poor and using more gas than was needed, and yes, our full height fridge/freezer (155 litre capacity) which I have increase the insulation on, is on 24/7.
Heating is by a Chinese diesel heater

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
My bad. A friend fitted a filler nozzle to his oil tank. I must have been thinking the same. Now why he would fit a filler hose on his oil tank. I ave never found out. 🤔

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Possibly a daft question - all my others have been - but is there no way to get home delivery LPG into your MH refillables?

I've not had breakfast yet ...
There are 2 4000l communal tanks. We are on a meter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
For the amount we use, I won't go out of my way to save a few quid, I will pay what ever it costs. On the scale of everything else we buy, at £1.45 a litre it's not a lot.
Two coffee's £7, two beers £9-£11, 2 slices of cake £7.
I'm just grateful that we can still get lpg ;)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
42p a litre in Turkey, 0.83 euro in Greece. And nearly every petrol station sells it.

Just goes to show that the UK despite being smaller than most European countries has managed to manipulate enough people away from lpg powered vehicles to cause the removal of it from forecourts.

You see a lot more older vehicles on the road in Europe too. Yet apparently the climate change goals were Europe wide.

Anyone else think that's strange? 🤔

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
42p a litre in Turkey, 0.83 euro in Greece. And nearly every petrol station sells it.

Just goes to show that the UK despite being smaller than most European countries has managed to manipulate enough people away from lpg powered vehicles to cause the removal of it from forecourts.

You see a lot more older vehicles on the road in Europe too. Yet apparently the climate change goals were Europe wide.

Anyone else think that's strange? 🤔
The UK energy policy looks very confused to me. At one stage diesel was encouraged but then they realised that the NOx and particulate pollution from diesel was extremely bad and affecting peoples health. The ridiculous thing is that lpg is the least polluting of the fossil fuels. All fossil fuels are bad producers of CO2 but at least lpg has lower NOx and particulate emissions than either diesel or petrol. The cynic in me says it might have something to do with tax revenue, Government pledged to keep tax on lpg lower than petrol and diesel but if it gets too popular as a road fuel they lose money.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The UK energy policy looks very confused to me. At one stage diesel was encouraged but then they realised that the NOx and particulate pollution from diesel was extremely bad and affecting peoples health. The ridiculous thing is that lpg is the least polluting of the fossil fuels. All fossil fuels are bad producers of CO2 but at least lpg has lower NOx and particulate emissions than either diesel or petrol. The cynic in me says it might have something to do with tax revenue, Government pledged to keep tax on lpg lower than petrol and diesel but if it gets too popular as a road fuel they lose money.
It's never actually about the climate its ALWAYS about the money. The last diesel cars I had were deemed so low on emissions they cost £20 a year to tax them . The UK government would have us believe the UK is going to solve climate change single handedly.

Wait till they start taxing the ev's

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
There is a whisper that I've heard a few times now. But ask me to back it up and I will deny it. One of the major clubs is at an advanced stage of discussions to have LPG pumps fitted on their sites
If this were to happen it would be very interesting. If it was the CAMC they would no doubt insist on you staying the night and pay for hook up. The ccc might take a more sensible view.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
It's never actually about the climate its ALWAYS about the money. The last diesel cars I had were deemed so low on emissions they cost £20 a year to tax them . The UK government would have us believe the UK is going to solve climate change single handedly.

Wait till they start taxing the ev's
Recently had MOT and the emissions were so low it didn't go high enough on the machine to register😉

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back