Lost satellite after channel upgrade (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Avtex tv fitted to our 2012 Bailey is quite old. I was aware that the 28.2 Astra 2 (South and North) frequencies had changed and wanted to update my channel list. Contacted Avtex who were very helpful and said I’d need to first update the TV’s firm-ware before updating the channel list. I followed their instructions and loaded the new firmware via a USB stick. Then I downloaded the updated channel list. Everything seemed ok. Got all the right messages that list had been updated. But now, when I select Astra 2 on our Roadpro dish, I find I get no active transponders for Astra. I can get Astra 19° with loads of German radio and TV stations but not my old Astra 2 frequencies.

I used to have no problem receiving 28.2° here in Nievre and could escape to the van to watch what I wanted or listen to Radio 3 but since updating the Roadpro is not finding Astra 2. Can someone please suggest a working frequency or something else to try to pull in Astra 2?
Edit: there is also a problem with the satellite selector button on the Roadpro. It is very stiff and sometimes sticks in rather than popping out. To select satellites, you push the button repeatedly until the chosen satellite is selected. Despite this stiffness, I’m confident that I've selected the right satellite.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back