Long Meadow Campsite, New Forest, Hampshire, UK. - Staggeringly good. (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
We took our motorhome to Long Meadow Campsite in the New Forest early March 2022. What a lovely place. Quiet, relaxing and with some amazing wildlife. We have never seem so many beautiful deer alongside the New Forest's usual array of ponies and cows. The site had both hard standing and grass pitches, with and without Electric Hook Up. It is a short walk to Brockenhurst (1.7 miles) through the New Forest away from any busy roads. If you are headed this way, add this one to your list of sites worth visiting.

I've uploaded a short video to Youtube if you would like a better idea of what it is like.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Watched the video, but don't fancy it, too open. We prefer Settthorns, where you are actually in a forest and not more than a couple of vans in view due to the trees. Also no loos or showers which is another plus.
Used to like Setthorns but Pine Tops our favourite bit now looks like a Pik-ey camp. Perminant caravans there now with junk all around them and hardly any pitches left for touring use.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Used to like Setthorns but Pine Tops our favourite bit now looks like a Pik-ey camp. Perminant caravans there now with junk all around them and hardly any pitches left for touring use.
We were there in Pine Tops a few weeks ago, they seem to have had a clear out of permanent residents and stored caravans. Might change when things have settled down completely of course.

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
We're at Long Meadow now. Haven't had a good look around yet as it was chucking it down yesterday. Staff were helpful but we are struggling to find a taxi to go to Beaulieu tomorrow

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 20, 2018
Bridport Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 655
Exp
Trailer tent for 10 years Motorhome since 2018
Nice video, I’ll take a look at what else you have on YouTube. We generally stay at Sethorns nice walk to Sway for local shops or a longer walk to Brockenhurst for a pint and lunch in the Snake Catcher nice pub. Then quick train ride to Lymington nice day out. We have stopped at most of the New Forest sites but Sethorns is probably our favourite with Roundhill coming a close second due to being closer to Brockenhurst.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Don’t forget Aldridge Hill when it’s open, true wild camping. No good if you don’t like kids though, although it’s our grandson’s favorite.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Don’t forget Aldridge Hill when it’s open, true wild camping. No good if you don’t like kids though, although it’s our grandson’s favorite.
Used to love it there but only open at times we wouldn't go. Also Roundhill is good for cycling & walking but again never open when we are likely to go.

OP
OP
MerlinUK
Sep 21, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
I forgot to mention the 4g phone/data signal and tv signal are excellent there.

OP
OP
MerlinUK
Sep 21, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
We have only started making videos but hope to add some on a regular basis.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Been to Setthorns a couple of times, really liked it, no facilities other than Water & Dump, so I have to be careful choosing a spot that lets enough light through the branches for the solar, up in The Horseshoe bit is our fav.
Bloody shame that TinaL cant walk or use her bike anymore, as we used to love a visit to the butchers in Sway, and a nice meal in the local pub.
As Lenny says we did notice a few caravans parked up on seasonal pitches, they were in need of a good wash also, but the wild life makes up for them. I hope they dont use generators, as I didnt see hook ups by a couple of them.:unsure:
LES

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
We were there in Pine Tops a few weeks ago, they seem to have had a clear out of permanent residents and stored caravans. Might change when things have settled down completely of course.
We were there in December, yep all gone now.
Down towards where the watersplash isn't any more.
Must have been no rain when you were there it was quite deep in December.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back