L E Z Beat Me (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Well i have had to accept defeat to the Low emissions zone, having paid out £3000 to be compliant and taking it back to the garage 5 times in a year due to it blocking up, Garage then removed it cleaned it AGAIN and left it on there premises but fitted a module meaning we were ok till the VOSA test, but put it back on on friday so i took it for its annual test at VOSA and it failed:cry:Today i took it to a dealer and part exed it for another motorhome which doesn't need to meet the LEZ standards:thumb:My headache of a year seems to of gone now:ROFLMAO:thank god.
The particulate filter which is still mine was once worth £3000 and is probably only worth scrap value now unless anyone knows any different:Doh:
:Cool:ROB & JANE STILL MOTORHOMING:Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Tried and failed. I know that feeling. Sometimes it makes total sense to say "enough". Which you did.

Worth a punt on ebay ?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well at least you tried. What annoys me is that all my vehicles are the cleanest burning of all, being on bio, but am not allowed into the capital with them because of there age. Could you not have filled up with bio before going for the test and given it a blast up the motorway to clean it out. Whenever I go for the MOT they cant get any readings on the computerised emissions machine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Hi Snowbird to be honest i'm glad to see the back of it, what i don't understand is our new to us van is the same size diesel engine but just a smaller vehicle:Doh:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Well i have had to accept defeat to the Low emissions zone, having paid out £3000 to be compliant and taking it back to the garage 5 times in a year due to it blocking up, Garage then removed it cleaned it AGAIN and left it on there premises but fitted a module meaning we were ok till the VOSA test, but put it back on on friday so i took it for its annual test at VOSA and it failed:cry:Today i took it to a dealer and part exed it for another motorhome which doesn't need to meet the LEZ standards:thumb:My headache of a year seems to of gone now:ROFLMAO:thank god.
The particulate filter which is still mine was once worth £3000 and is probably only worth scrap value now unless anyone knows any different:Doh:
:Cool:ROB & JANE STILL MOTORHOMING:Cool:

stick it and the bill on your mantlepiece

beat the next politicean
that knocks on your door asking for your vote
for the next mayor

whatever political persuasion
i live just outside it and will not go inside it
in the car or truck
as i say if they dont want the truck they dont want my money :Angry::Angry:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi Snowbird to be honest i'm glad to see the back of it, what i don't understand is our new to us van is the same size diesel engine but just a smaller vehicle:Doh:

Smaller ? SMALLER ?????????????
Jeeze mate, I had NO idea they did Smart Car conversions .. Where you guys gonna sleep ? In a tent beside it ? ( I mean, SMALLER than what you had, you could proly get it in a toilet tent to keep it nice and clean ) :winky: :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
i've been waiting all afternoon for your comment:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and it was a good one:thumb: wait till you see us we are only selling lollies now as the ice cream van had to go:ROFLMAO:

ROB&JANE INSANE

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
i've been waiting all afternoon for your comment:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and it was a good one:thumb: wait till you see us we are only selling lollies now as the ice cream van had to go:ROFLMAO:

ROB&JANE INSANE

Are you gonna take it in turn to peddle it along ?

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Smaller ? SMALLER ?????????????
Jeeze mate, I had NO idea they did Smart Car conversions .. Where you guys gonna sleep ? In a tent beside it ? ( I mean, SMALLER than what you had, you could proly get it in a toilet tent to keep it nice and clean ) :winky: :ROFLMAO:

Would that be an Italian toilet tent:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::winky:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
LEZ is an absolute nightmare and as for the filters your's isnt the first that failed with VOSA I do think its all a money spinning exercise and nothing to do with reducing pollution at all.

Good luck with the new motorhome xxxxxxxxxxx

I know why you got a smaller one - its so you can both take turns being on top

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
jesus rob how the shit will i get a flake now you won't have room for them

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
This LEZ is a pain. Can't believe you forked all that money out for something that doesn't work:Eeek:

Have you no comeback?

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
It all boils down to the engine which would need rebuilding in order to work with the filter, matching old engine with new filter just doesn't work in this case, outside London the motorhome runs like a dream.
Whoever buys it will get a great starter motorhome and i hope they look after her like we did.

As for a come back Treacle I get to work in many high places ie Government buildings, parliament MI5 DVLA etc etc etc, I will have a giggle along the way and soon forget about the money:thumb::winky:

ROB

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Who wants to go to London anyway. Bloody dump and full of fiddling MPs. BUSBY.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
WARNING WARNING
THREAD HIJACK IN PROGRESS

Buzby, gotta ask, you was not once employed to catch illegal CB users were you ? :winky:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
How did you know. Busby.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:
Well lets face it, with a handle like Busby ......................................................... :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back