Issue with Iveco Daily 513 - Engine Cut Out (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2024
Funster No
MH
Iveco daily 513
Hi all đź‘‹ I'm new in here.

I have an issue with my iveco daily 513 2005 model. Was driving down M25 at about 60 when it just cut out. Luckily it was night and not busy so just coasted to hard shoulder.

Tried the key and it just did nothing ! Not a single noise. It isn't a battery problem as I had to wait 6 hrs to be recovered and had hazards on the whole time.

Not a fuel oroblem cos it didn't even attempt to turnover.

This happened to me 2 years ago on the Ukraine border on an aid trip I did. Luckily stil in poland so called out AA who sent local mechanic.

Big language barrier but he pointed to the emergency engine cut out switch on the dash (just behind the steering wheel on left) and went under the bonnet to the passenger side and fiddled with something and it started straight away. He had reset the cut out switch but being a woman he wouldn't show me what he'd done and just laughed and sent me on his way.

Does anyone know what he did as I think I might have knocked the emergency cut out on the dash whilst moving position on the wheel cos I was tired and had been driving 6 hours by then.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated 🙏

Cheers

Raven

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well a quick google and I read this,

In the fuse box on the battery (positive lead), it is a yellow push button.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Accident cutout won't be a common switch, it's like an enclosed inertia switch and may be under the bonnet or maybe buried away under the dash .
It would be too vulnerable on the dash.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back