1. Untitled Document

Indicator on the blink?

Discussion in 'TECH/MECH GENERAL' started by gordoncbrown, Feb 5, 2013.

1. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Set off on Friday for our first outing of the new year. Lights check etc carried out , alway a bit more vigilant when it's not been used for more than 4 weeks. Everything eas ok. After about 30 miles the indication on the dash when indicating right stopped working. Pulled into a laybye and checked the indicators. all working ok. A few miles further on it started working again, then stopped , then started etc etc. Can anyone shed some light. Intermittent fault but doesn't seem to affect the actual indicators, but when it happens , how do I know the indicators are working?
    Thanks in advance.:Smile:
  2. davejen

davejen Funster

Can you hear the flasher unit ticking when they are working? to me it sounds like the bulb in the dash is possibly faulty, or making a poor connection, maybe working loose in its holder. You may have to take the dash out.
    Cheers, Dave:thumb:
  3. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Thanks Dave, I was thinking it might be something along those lines but hoping it wasn't. Not looked into it but removing the dash seems a reasonably sized job.:Smile:
  4. aba

aba Funster

give the hazard switch a wiggle and a couple of presses as this can effect the indicators as its after the indicator switch.