Huawei e5332 (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just bought one of these mifi gadgets....factory unlocked and unbranded.

Bought off Amazon, not fleabay.

Anyone use this one and any good.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
nobody using one then :Sad:
I have one here that my son uses when he visits, he uses it with skype on his US phone, he has been very impressed with it. I dont use it as I use my phone for tethering. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
I've got one!

I got one of these from motorhomewifi before my recent trip to France.... and it worked just fine! :thumb:

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thanks guys.
I never feel happy with customer reviews as you never know who actually wrote them.

I have read of some being unlocked from 3 network (they Still have the 3 logo) which don't work on all networks which is why I bought a factory unlocked and unbranded version.

Sep 8, 2010
Kent the white cliffs end
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur Lvx 8
Exp
Not long enough
I have got one take it with me all the time have 3 network sim in it which I get on ebay for 11 pounds something for 3 gig

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have got one take it with me all the time have 3 network sim in it which I get on ebay for 11 pounds something for 3 gig

Current SIM in my old T mobile dongle is a none expiring one.

Credit remains active until used up no matter how long its there.

Had it almost 3 years but due to rubbish GPRS and EDGE coverage i rarely use it and it is still on the original £15 credit it came with, around £1.50 left...cost me a tenner on eBay.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
nobody using one then :Sad:

Yes John...I have one, had it over a year now..unlocked my own..purchased my one locked from Argos....Brill...better signal and faster speed to a normal dongle....I use it with SFR France...Orange France..."3" network UK...and Vodafone Portugal....a brill bit of kit

Mel

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Yes I have one and its great.

Faster than my home broadband if you have a strong 3G signal. I use mine on 3.

Bought from eBay, paid less than that and then £3 to unlock it.

Peter

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We have one of fle-bay £40 unlocked
3 sim 3 gig 3 months life £11 of fle-bay
It's faster than home broad band
And one hell of a lot faster than hotel wifi and no spy's
I get coverage 90% of time
What more dos tha want

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
My brother in law said don't get a mifi dongle they are rubbish. He has the older model, I have the one you quoted. With a 3 3 gig SIM card from fleabay I have used it every night in a different location throughout Wales. Fabulous, it has worked every time and the speed is terrific. Cannot wait to tell him that his locked Vodaphone dongle is the problem.

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
We use one, we have to reset it most times we move but otherwise ok.

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My brother in law said don't get a mifi dongle they are rubbish. He has the older model, I have the one you quoted. With a 3 3 gig SIM card from fleabay I have used it every night in a different location throughout Wales. Fabulous, it has worked every time and the speed is terrific. Cannot wait to tell him that his locked Vodaphone dongle is the problem.

agreed, connection speed is abysmal on the old style internet dongles if you dont have a decent signal which is why i still have credit after 3 years on my old T mobile (now unlocked) dongle....can take 2 or 3 minutes just to bring up a new page.

and of course, the dongle isnt a wifi hotspot so that meant dragging my laptop everywhere with me.

be nice to use my kindle while Shirl is shopping etc.

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
arrived this morning, good old Amazon and their one day delivery :thumb:

took ages to match to my voda sim, would connect to internet for a few seconds then drop connection...repeatedly.

a problem with the APN so renewed it to PP.INTERNET then reset it back to INTERNET and it now works fine.

PP.INTERNET is for £15 top up (1Gb) lasting 90 days.....INTERNET is for contract, probably because it started life on a contract then unlocked.

need to try a few locations with it but it is certainly faster than my old internet dongle. :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
maybe a bit late now but I have one :thumb:
Got a limited to 250mb download but with unlimited surfing lasting sim card for 12 mths--been useing it all the time for 5 weeks surfing constantly using around 2 gb in the month while I had nointernet with all the messing around with TT Worked well with computer and tablet,did not notice muchdifferene in conection speeds

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
been sat on Whitby,s west cliff near the theatre for a couple of hours while Shirl watch's a dance show.
I need to stand/walk from time to time to easy my back pain so I didn't go in.

Using my new mifi....on 2G...No 3G signal up here :Sad:.....is been a long evening .:roflmto:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Yes ,got one , used it in France with a 3 card in it .
Worked perfectly ok.
It would also run my vodaphone sim card just for data use when the 3 ran out.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
yeap we got one too, only need it whilst away, so was reluctant to go for a monthly contract. went to 3 shop and got a sim (and dongle that we didn't need) 12 or 15 gig cannot remember, but its the second year we done this, and never used up the full quota. Paid £88 for a full year. Which I think currently beats any monthly contract, works out the equivalent to £7.33 a month

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
yeap we got one too, only need it whilst away, so was reluctant to go for a monthly contract. went to 3 shop and got a sim (and dongle that we didn't need) 12 or 15 gig cannot remember, but its the second year we done this, and never used up the full quota. Paid £88 for a full year. Which I think currently beats any monthly contract, works out the equivalent to £7.33 a month

Try 21 quid for the year :thumb: unlimited browsing that works :thumb: tried and tested :winky:
Not sure but I think UK use only :Smile:
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Ebay :thumb:will look for link :Smile:
here it is but I am afraid the gb allowance has doubled to 500 mb but still unlimited browsing :thumb:
Link Removed
terry
edit just noticed it's changed to 6 mths

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Ebay :thumb:will look for link :Smile:
here it is but I am afraid the gb allowance has doubled to 500 mb but still unlimited browsing :thumb:
Link Removed
terry
edit just noticed it's changed to 6 mths
Will it work in France?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Will it work in France?

Add says only UK but try asking seller the question-they were very helpful last year when I BOUGHT off them :thumb:I did not think it possible for 12 mths unlimited browsing for what was £21 -I used it over the last two mths for several hours a day every day,no you tube or anything just browsing :thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back