Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I rely on it heavily and it's been down here for me since midday. having to make do with regular broadband at 1/2 a meg:cry: Is three up and running where you are?

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Usually use 3 through a Wifi but I need to renew on that - will do for the rally season when I get a new 12 month card.

Our site broadband has been crap since last night been on and off and very slow - gave up last night about 9pm was going to complain to service provider this morning but then it was OK but during the day has been up and down but tonight its fine

Maybe there has been some updates to the system or something along those lines.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hellboy

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Funster No
3 are trying to make massive changes to their network for 4G and to limit their unlimited tethering One Plan to 2Gig limit
No more unlimited tethering for my laptop and tablet :cry:

Broken Link Removed

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Lorraine and Sophie both have three and all ok here in Dumfries

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
We have just signed up to the 'one' plan (last Saturday) so unlimited tethering, no mention of being limited to 2gb. The unlimited tethering was to finish on Tuesday 11th.

Our signal is fine down here in North Devon.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It's cr*p and has been for a long, long, long time round here! We constantly don't have any service or it is slow ... I think hubby will soon be getting a direct line to their technical support as he's on with them so much. :shout:

Today, for example, just about every 10 mins (if I'm lucky enough for it to last that long!) it drops and has 'no internet service', then it'll come back slowly and go off again, and that's when its GOOD! Tonight, between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm it was abysmal again, just couldn't get it to move even though we supposedly had a connection - the browser loading symbol was just constantly spinning but getting no-where! :Doh: What makes this even more infuriating is that we are only about 600m (if that!) away from their bl**dy mast!!!!! :Angry: Hubby tried to ring them again tonight and couldn't get through as there was no one available so he gave up.

Oh how I wish we had the luxury of being able to 'choose' a land-line supplier but being in the "no man's land" that is the Kingston Communications exchange area (the only are where BT, or anyone else for that matter, do NOT have a presence!) we are stuffed as the KC offering is expensive and cr*p too!!! :cry:

To add insult to injury our T-mobile network is playing up too so when we make or get a phone call it sounds like the other party are doing an impersonation of the comedian Norman Collier's faulty microphone routine! :Blush: At the moment all we can say is thank goodness for the Ovivo sim we bought as at least we can make calls on that and understand the person on the other end!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjmqfZX9CA"]Norman Collier - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I only use my MiFi when we are away but have had no problems using my phone on 3. The transfer of my account from contract to PAYG even when smoothly (in the end) yesterday.

My experience in general with Customer Services(?) is that they are only any good if it is a straightforward case. I've always got a result by e-mailing the CEO (David Dyson, david.dyson@three.co.uk) although it does annoy me that when they ring they expect you to identify yourself "for security reasons" even though they are making the call. I gave them a security word in my e-mail and make them use that before I confirm who I am ::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's cr*p and has been for a long, long, long time round here! We constantly don't have any service or it is slow ... I think hubby will soon be getting a direct line to their technical support as he's on with them so much. :shout:(snip)[/url]

Tell Chris to give up on the support line, Mel, and e-mail the CEO's office (details in previous post). It's the only way you'll have any chance of getting anything done if it's gone on that long.

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp

craop here in spain/france dont work unless u want 2 pay $5.00 plus a day bought spanish sim card had phone unlicked ok now:thumb:

Attachments

• 20140306_135636.jpg
    20140306_135636.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Three has been rock solid for us for a couple of years now (apart from when were at the Bring and Buy meet) This is our first outage at home. It came back around 10pm last night and just as well. My regular broadband is down today:Doh:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
stoped wroking for me in my office last september, have to go to the door or outside to any signel, I complianed and was told "sorry cant fix it" and got £7 pm off of bill

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Tell Chris to give up on the support line, Mel, and e-mail the CEO's office (details in previous post). It's the only way you'll have any chance of getting anything done if it's gone on that long.

I'd already started an email to the CEO the other day but Chris wanted to wait and see if it came back (he's daft like that sometimes ... :Blush:), but its been hell again this afternoon, it's taken me loads of changing of VPNs and disconnecting/reconnecting to even be able to get back on to do this posting! :Doh:

Enough is enough ... the email is going to be sent!!!! :Angry:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!! :shout:

I HATE BEING LIED TO .... BL**DY '3'!!!!! :Angry:

We have had enough of our crappy '3' broadband so went to town today and bought a 30 day contract EE sim (£15 for 5gb) to use instead as our '3' broadband is atrocious, actually virtually non-existent now! Sick to death of not being able to get on line at all we popped into the '3' shop and had a chat to the manager who was able to check the real status of the mast near us (200m away!) and found that it is classed as 'red' meaning it is 'severely degraded' and has been for some time, at least 4 months if not more!!!! This is despite us being told by the India helpline many times that it was working fine, or was being worked on, but the actual truth is that it has NOT been touched other than for some routine maintenance on 16 December and 18 January! Nothing has been done to it AT ALL to sort out the major problem with it!!!!!!

We have been blatantly lied to ... all our being patient and waiting for it to be repaired and finding it still wasn't right has been a waste of time ... the hours and hours hubby has spent on the phone to India were totally pointless! The excuses from them as to why we were having problems have ranged from it being our computer/laptop/tablet, our dongle/mifi (blaming software and hardware!), and the latest ridiculous excuse ... the sim!!! How can a sim work fine at 8.30 am and then be consistently cr*p after lunch and in an evening .... they must think we are totally numpties! The manager of the '3' shop said that India do NOT have the systems in place to be able to tell the status of the masts, only if they are sending out a signal or not, not how well they are doing so or if the mast itself has a problem generally so what the h*ll is the point in having them as a helpline!!!!

Also, whilst all of this has been going on, having to constantly keep re-doing downloads because the line has been dropped, out of our 15gb monthly allowance we've got less than 6gb left ... with nearly 3 weeks still to go!!! The problem is that '3' cannot actually credit us for this 'wasted' data usage!!!! They can offer us money off our bill but if we go over our allowance we'll get slammed for charges which will be much more than whatever they give us back.

To say we are unhappy is an understatement! :Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

To add insult to injury the mast totally cr*pped out today and took down the service to most of where we live and half of Hull's provision too!!!! :Eeek: the chap at the shop told us that the engineers have been given 24 hours to get it working or 'heads will roll' ... it must have been affecting thousands of residents so they will have been inundated with complaints, indeed for the short time whilst we were in the shop 3 people came in asking what was going on.

Oh, and just for good measure our T-mobile phone network cr*pped out too!!!!! :Doh: But that was already being worked on and is now working again. Thank goodness we had bought an Ovivo phone sim otherwise we would have been totally 'isolated' technology wise!!!! :RollEyes:

Due to the terrible broadband service I hadn't been able to send the email to the CEO of '3' which may actually have been a good thing as now I can update it with the LIES we have been told, and the fact that they have been taking our monthly fee for something they KNEW they could NOT provide!!!!!! :Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

Hubby's going to ring the shop again tomorrow and get an update on the situation with the network (the manager is very happy to help) and we'll take it from there. The manager also did say that in the future it might be better to go in to see them there, or ring the shop, to try to get things resolved, rather than use the helpline as they can't really do anything anyway!!!!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I am coming to the end of my 3 contract and I doubt if I will be renewing it. It's rubbish here.
The only saving grace is that it gives me unlimited data and free tethering. But if I don't get a signal, it's worthless
When I bought the phone from the 3 shop in Canterbury, I was told the signal there is poor because they are working on the mast.
Almost 2 years on and I still get no 3G signal in Canterbury.
It's a shame their service isn't as good as their lies.
If someone else comes up with unlimited data 3 round here will close down.
Allan

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hope you get a decent connection soon Mel. And recompense from Three:thumb:

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!! :shout:

I HATE BEING LIED TO .... BL**DY '3'!!!!! :Angry:allowance we've got less than 6gb left ... with nearly 3 weeks still to go!!! The

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Well, I sent th eemail to the CEO yesterday and today have had an email saying:

Thank you for your email to David Dyson letting him know about the problem you’ve had. He’s asked my team to investigate it and have the matter resolved for you.

This has been assigned to a member of the team to review the issues you have had and to contact you to seek to resolve the matter no later than 24th March 2014.

If you want to contact us simply reply to this email or you can give my team a call on 01933 778 108. Our office hours are 9am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday.

In the meantime, please be assured that we will be seeking to resolve your issue as a matter of urgency.

Regards

Steven Cocker
Head of Executive Office Operations

.... so I'll see what happens, at least it doesn't appear to be someone in India writing to me as the way the above is worded it is definitely done by someone who is a native English speaker!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I am coming to the end of my 3 contract and I doubt if I will be renewing it. It's rubbish here.
The only saving grace is that it gives me unlimited data and free tethering. But if I don't get a signal, it's worthless
When I bought the phone from the 3 shop in Canterbury, I was told the signal there is poor because they are working on the mast.
Almost 2 years on and I still get no 3G signal in Canterbury.
It's a shame their service isn't as good as their lies.
If someone else comes up with unlimited data 3 round here will close down.
Allan
Ah yes, the old "they are working on the mast" excuse! It might be worth you going into the shop and asking them to specifically check the mast near to you to see when it was last worked on as they have access to that specific information which India do not, then you can do the same as me and send an email to the boss man! :thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Oh, and just for good measure our T-mobile phone network cr*pped out too!!!!! :Doh: But that was already being worked on and is now working again. Thank goodness we had bought an Ovivo phone sim otherwise we would have been totally 'isolated' technology wise!!!! :RollEyes:
Tempted fate by saying that didn't I ... go on, you can all blame me for it going 'poof'!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well, I sent the email to the CEO yesterday and today have had an email saying:

.... so I'll see what happens, at least it doesn't appear to be someone in India writing to me as the way the above is worded it is definitely done by someone who is a native English speaker!

That's the standard initial response from Steven Cocker, Mel. Hope you gave them a code word so that they can prove they are from Three when they ring you and ask you for your DoB &c ::bigsmile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Update on our '3' connection ... or not! :RollEyes:

We've been dealing with a nice lady called Jennifer in Glasgow ... Scotland, not India, Pakistan or wherever else ... either than or someone in India etc has got a VERY strong Scottish accent!!!! :roflmto:

She's been looking into it all for us and keeping us informed of what she finds etc. The latest problem seems to be that they are trying to upgrade the masts and do repairs but when they manage to get one sorted it causes problems at another ... she said the engineers are chasing their tails at the moment trying to get to the bottom of it all and have been for the last 3 weeks, ever since they had the major breakdown of the service where not only the data didn't work, but neither did the phones! It wasn't until then that the enormity of the problem became apparent.

We are still having horrendous problems so need to use our T-mobile sim a lot of the time, however having spoken to her again 4G is due to be rolled out here by the end of June if it goes to plan and the get the new transmitters up and running, and that should alleviate the problem with 3G (and the old transmitters), so in the meantime she's credited our account with the equivalent of 4 months charges, plus another £15 to pay for the T-mobile sim we bought due to their system going t*ts up, so that'll cover about 6 months normal charges - we pay just over £8 a month for 15gb ... if only we could use it! :cry:

If we are still getting problems when we get back off holiday in July we'll decide then what we do for the future ... hopefully won't need to change .... :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back