How were your dogs and cats last night? (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Can hear them now and they have been gojng for the last hour or so.
My 2 Jacks use to be terrified and would not leave us alone when they were going.
Now one Jack is deaf and her brother has a bit of dementia so doesn’t really click what’s going on☹️☹️
Still think it should be organised events only and on one night, normally a week before and a week after around this way🤬🤬

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My dogs hate fireworks trying to keep them settled is a nightmare at home they usually try to hide behind one of the sofas which is not the best as one is a st bernard
Is there any space in front of the sofa or has it been shoved up against the opposite wall and you're squished???? :giggle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well we thought that none of ours were that bothered but a week or so ago Bella wasn't too happy with the odd firework going off, unfortunately all hell broke lose yesterday and they were going from late afternoon well into the evening, loads of them from all directions and extremely noisy. Poor Bella was extremely unhappy, shivering and wanting a cuddle from hubby, no way would she go out until 2.00 am!

Today it's been the same except that she's been wanting me to cuddle her which I tried to do whilst using my laptop ... not easy with a dog's bottom in the way! Minky isn't bothered but as soon as Bella came to me for a cuddle Minky realised something was wrong just as she did when we had Lily who was petrified of them, so she came and snuffled Bella, gave her a few licks then settled down next to her to give reassurance, it was lovely to see. Bella wouldn't go out again so I suspect hubby's gonna be up in the early hours with her once more ... hopefully that'll be it for a while now.

Apr 11, 2021
Forest of Dean, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
2 years
Is there any space in front of the sofa or has it been shoved up against the opposite wall and you're squished???? :giggle:
It's a bit like a ride on the waltzer at the fair 2 dogs trying to get in the same space takes half a packet of biscuits to coax them out when the noise stops 😀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Our Roxy's Birthday soon, she loves coming in the van/moho and as good as gold, but she hates the banging, she won't go out do the business on 🧨 her own 🙉 shame !

Screenshot_20231106_081844_WhatsApp.jpg

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Mine were barking a lot at first so I put them outside then I thought that was a bit selfish so they came back in and carried on with the barking. So, armed with my training from the telly (Graeme Hall!!) I taught them that good boys who stop barking and sit get treats, after half an hour they stopped:giggle:(y)

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
No pets, but was it much quieter than usual round your way?

Just a few rockets around 8pm then all quiet 👍🏻

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
No fireworks where we are... not a single bang.. heard nothing ..

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
The quieter night firework wise I think was due to it raining cats and dogs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 9, 2021
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
Back home now after 3 nights in a lay-by
Worked really well, just distant pops and bangs from a few villages so Mr Rufty-Tufty seemed to cope ok.
We had a classic mix on Fri. The Proclaimers on Sat. and Meghan Trainor last night
As said on here, we are likely to get the same next weekend (cheap fireworks Sat, Diwali Sun) so it looks like the muddy lay-by beckons
But what to play?

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Benji is petrified of fireworks. Last night was continously between 5.15pm and 10.30pm.
Put a Thundershirt on him at 4pm, radio Gold on high volume till 1030pm. Did help a little, they hear bags we don't. Had to carry him out for his last wee at 1130pm (normally in bed by 10pm).
The 4th was even worse. Took till 2am when we woke me to go out cos they were still going strong when we went to bed at 1030pm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back