How to remove Start.iminent help needed (2 Viewers)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Guys trying to sort sis-in-law's lappy, everytime you fire up chrome it goes to start.iminent which is redirect site. Tried all the usual things, remove from extensions, and search engines, reboot chrome and its back again. Doesn't show up on remove programmes. Doesn't show up as a folder in programmes.

Have run malwarebytes, no effect, its got kaspersky virus protection. Search the web but all the answers require you to spend money. Any ideas? about from reinstall?

Ian

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
You could also try Spybot Search and Destroy:
[ame="http://download.cnet.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html"]Spybot - Search & Destroy - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com[/ame]

- not sure why this forum is blocking the link to download Spybot <sigh>

Google Spybot Search and Destroy download

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Tried them all, still comes up in the address bar when you boot chrome, time to give up I think and suggest to them that I run the recovery partition. Apart from Malbytes which came up with over 2500 pup's, another program came up with nearly same after malbytes had deleted the ones it found, but wouldn't delete them unless I crossed the palm with 30 pieces of silver.

Ian

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Hi

Not sure about chrome but with IE. Similar symptoms are caused by the default URL that has been book marked. That is the default site like I have set up several tabs to open automatically when opening IE.

Thinking about it what device are you using Tablet or PC?

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Ok

Reread the post and it's a PC, sorry

Anyone know if chrome (PC) has a settings tab where you can set the default opening page?

My IPAD. Opens at the google search page.

May be worth clearing all history and cookies

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Far righthand side up the top, three horizontal bars, click them and select settings which is near the bottom. You will see "On Start Up" in the displayed menu.

Ian

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I had the same thing on my pc, frustrating or what:cry: and tried all of the above but without any luck... after lots an lots of research i came across RogueKiller which did the job - you have to be aware though that even though it removes it there may still be traces of it for a few days after - but if you keep running RogueKiller for them few more days it eventually clears them all :thumb:
http://www.adlice.com/softwares/roguekiller/

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Thanks but I have given up and bought a restore disk of Amazon, tried to restore it back to factory, but the restore partition doesn't exist according to the built in restore software, even though it does. :Doh:

Ian

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
try to download roguekiller its free (or was when i down loaded it) you got nothing to loose :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back