How do I remove a browser called Apache from I pad? (1 Viewer)

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Scrolling through Facebook, I have inadvertently downloaded something called apache onto an iPad.
how do I remove it as it is severely restricted access to sites.
Cheers

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Apache is a web server program, not a browser (I think). Are you sure it's Apache and not Cordova or something similar running on a portion of Apache code...?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You can just touch and hold the icon when choosing the app they will all start flashing and you can choose to delete the app either permanently or save in your cachešŸ˜Š

OP
OP
The Dotties

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Apache is a web server program, not a browser (I think). Are you sure it's Apache and not Cordova or something similar running on a portion of Apache code...?
Proudly powered by LiteSpeed Web Server is what Iā€™m seeing at the bottom of the screen on a page that says ERROR 404. I gather it is part of a program called Apache.
it seem to be on Facebook. There is no app visible to delete.
Speve Janine

OP
OP
The Dotties

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Ohh silly me šŸ™„

How you doing Geoff and your good lady?
Yes, weā€™re both good. Sold the van not sure if weā€™ll look again.
slowly recovering from a fractured hip.
Trust you are working flat out, and Pen still suffering youšŸ˜„

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Yes, weā€™re both good. Sold the van not sure if weā€™ll look again.
slowly recovering from a fractured hip.
Trust you are working flat out, and Pen still suffering youšŸ˜„

Iā€™ll miss seeing your cheery face šŸ˜¢

Yes flat out and yes sheā€™s still putting up with me.
She knows what side her toast is buttered šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‚

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Proudly powered by LiteSpeed Web Server is what Iā€™m seeing at the bottom of the screen on a page that says ERROR 404. I gather it is part of a program called Apache.
Speve Janine
So is that the error page from a specific website? what about other web pages and websites, do they work ok?

I can't figure out how one would (even inadvertently) install a webserver on an iPad :unsure: Perhaps part of something else you recently installed that's gone awry, a file or photo sharing app maybe...?

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Speve Janine
Iā€™ve no idea about this, but if there is no ā€˜Appā€™ to easily remove, it makes me wonder if the uninstall is at ā€˜command promptā€™ level or if there is some uninstall utility to download (that could be dodgy though)?

I just hope that LiteSpeed Web Server version/software doesnā€™t have implicit security exposures which may enable third party actors to access your device (under the covers) or monitor your activity across the interweb.

Are you able to restore the iPad from a very recent backup taken before you inadvertently downloaded this LiteSpeed Web Server software? If you need hands on help, are you anywhere near an Apple Store which may be able to assist?

Hopefully someone else with more expertise will be able to help.

OP
OP
The Dotties

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Iā€™ve no idea about this, but if there is no ā€˜Appā€™ to easily remove, it makes me wonder if the uninstall is at ā€˜command promptā€™ level or if there is some uninstall utility to download (that could be dodgy though)?

I just hope that LiteSpeed Web Server version/software doesnā€™t have implicit security exposures which may enable third party actors to access your device (under the covers) or monitor your activity across the interweb.

Are you able to restore the iPad from a very recent backup taken before you inadvertently downloaded this LiteSpeed Web Server software? If you need hands on help, are you anywhere near an Apple Store which may be able to assist?

Hopefully someone else with more expertise will be able to help.
If I can't find anything on Facebook, there's an apple dealer in Cheltenham I can visit tomorrow

OP
OP
The Dotties

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
So is that the error page from a specific website? what about other web pages and websites, do they work ok?

I can't figure out how one would (even inadvertently) install a webserver on an iPad :unsure: Perhaps part of something else you recently installed that's gone awry, a file or photo sharing app maybe...?
Specifically Facebook. Pad still on Safari quire happily.
I'll try apple help later.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I use Apache on my laptop as it gives me Open Office, a free version of Windows Office (almost the same).

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Speve Janine
I use Apache on my laptop as it gives me Open Office, a free version of Windows Office (almost the same).

I think there may be quite a bit of confusion here.

First up. Apache is a foundation that runs multiple open source projects including the Apache Web server. https://www.apache.org/ and Open Office.
LightSpeed is another web server completely separate from Apache.

You are unlikely to have a web server installed on your phone. You are likely viewing a website that has not been configured yet.

If you see a web page that says "power by" It simply means that the website has not been configured yet and you are seeing the default holding page.
It does not mean that lightspeed or the apache web server have been installed on your device/laptop/computer.

Hope this makes sense?

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Facebook, the number one source of scams, subscriber profiling and misinformation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back